Hydrostatic transmission pedals sticking

/ Hydrostatic transmission pedals sticking #1  

DickfromCleburne

Tractor
kioti
The forward and reverse pedals started sticking half way back up after depressing. If you put your foot under them and pull them, or tap the other one, the tractor stops moving. Otherwise it slowly moves in the direction of the last pedal pressed.

I did check for foreign objects underneath blocking them.

/ Hydrostatic transmission pedals sticking #2  
Any lube points you can grease?

/ Hydrostatic transmission pedals sticking
Not sure. It scared me to death at first, so I am trying to just figure out how that particular thing operates! I should have bought a shop manual when I bought the tractor.

/ Hydrostatic transmission pedals sticking #4  
Check the linkage for wear and you can take the cylinder apart and clean it up & lube it. You may also be able to step up the tension on the spring in the cylinder. I got the specs to work on my last Kioti on line.

/ Hydrostatic transmission pedals sticking #5  
G'day Mate and welcome to TBN from Downunder.

When ultrarunner And Billrog ask if you've 'lubed' the pedals, they are referring to a grease nipple (zerk) that should be underneath the pedal cylinder (where the pedals attach to).

Enjoy the site.

/ Hydrostatic transmission pedals sticking #6  
Have had this happen on my ck2610 hst, but only when cold. Thinking that can be normal until hydraulics fully warm up. Yes, have had it happen when close to a building and it sure wakes you up quickly...

/ Hydrostatic transmission pedals sticking #7  
The pedal stuck down on my CK27 a few yrs. ago on a very steep hill in 1st gear with the engine wide open and I flipped over backwards . Under those conditions the trans pressure didn't let go when I kicked the pedal to get it out of gear.

/ Hydrostatic transmission pedals sticking #8  
I had the same issue my pedal was so balked the tractor would stay in fwd or rev until you corrected with foot so I disassembled all the linkages and return/dampener mechanisms when that failed I tried cleaning nd lubing the pivot point where it entered the trans body with very little success after about 15 mins I called Bob Piro at Michigan Iron and he encouraged me to keep it up for longer.It was slow going and I ended up using A bunch of PB Blaster whiled working the pedal spindle where it enters the trans body then working it with quite a bit of WD 40 ( I finally cut a board to span the forward/reverse of the HST pedal (my size 10 foot is to short to reach heel toe) and then worked it back and forth spraying every 5 mins or so, I eventually paid my 16 YO daughter $30 to take over for and hour whiled I worked elsewhere and when I returned it was back to normal. My Tractor is about the same age as yours and unfortunately has had too much exposure to weather which no doubt caused the corrosion, I do thing that a grease fitting would have helped I am guessing that there is a sintered bushing and that and the internal fluid is supposed to be enough but my leaving it in the weather was just too much.

/ Hydrostatic transmission pedals sticking #9  
Mine will do this occasionally and very little, but it's better when it warms up

Your approach sounds like a good way.

/ Hydrostatic transmission pedals sticking #10  
This is not new, people have complained about the creeping for a long time. Kioti is not interested in fixing the problem. It is possibly a transmission issue.