I’m ready for winter

Jstpssng

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota L3301
One day of this 80 degree crap is enough for me. I want to get home at night, start a fire in the wood stove and not worry about the house getting too hot if I want to use the oven. The fire danger is so bad I need to be careful what I do... I had to help out one out a couple of days ago because some idget threw a cigarette out the window. I can’t work in my garden tonight anyways, the black flies would carry me off. We’ve got six more months of this before it gets tolerable again?

Have I ever mentioned that I don’t like heat? :D

PS: Have a good evening everybody!!!!

Last edited:

LS Tractor Owner

Tractor
LS XG3025 TLB, Previously MT125 TLB, Craftsman GTS6500
Yep! I hear 'ya..... we hit 86° a couple of days ago. Way too hot for me already. We are only supposed to be in the upper 60's / low 70's this time of year. The forecast calls for temps in the high 80's by Sunday..... that's not supposed to happen until mid June !

Only one good thing about being this high up in elevation.... no mosquitoes, black flies, ticks, pesky insects. Oh, and ultra low humidity.

OP
J

Jstpssng

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota L3301
Just told someone this afternoon that I was ready for some snow.....
I have never liked heat. Years ago when I was self employed plus a lot more energetic I would DREAD the coming of summer. 2 1/2 gallons of water on my back along with my other gear, just to make it through the day. The heat itself exhausts me; at the end of the day I have less energy than if I'd been on snowshoes for an equal length of time.

Moxie 15

Silver Member
Tractor
none yet
Ahhh, New England after Winter. This week I had frost one morning, iced over water another morning and 80+ degrees today.

Oaktree

Elite Member
Tractor
Kioti LK3054xs
Never been a big one for hot weather myself, though probably not to the extent as you. April was cool & raw, now the other extreme. At least the humidity's been low...our weather station has showed it in the teens (!) the last few days.

For whatever reason, there are almost no ticks this year, and very few blackflies here at the house either. Better enjoy it while I can.

tacticalturnip

Gold Member
Tractor
Deere 1025R
I may not be ready for winter, but I sure wasn't ready for today; I don't care much for heat myself, and all that sweat I produce just attracts all the obnoxious, small, bite-y bugs.

Ayuh, it sure was a day.

NHBX

Gold Member
Tractor
Yup, hate the heat and humidity as well. Sitting with the AC running.

Wouldn't mind this at all
IMG_1657a.JPG

Last edited:

jyoutz

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota MX6000
One day of this 80 degree crap is enough for me. I want to get home at night, start a fire in the wood stove and not worry about the house getting too hot if I want to use the oven. The fire danger is so bad I need to be careful what I do... I had to help out one out a couple of days ago because some idget threw a cigarette out the window. I can’t work in my garden tonight anyways, the black flies would carry me off. We’ve got six more months of this before it gets tolerable again?

I always look forward to winter, and then after 6 months indoors I look forward to summer and don’t mind heat after being cooped up indoors for so long. I hate the spring though: windy all the time, this year worse than normal.

ArlyA

Elite Member
Houghton MI (the Lake Superior snow belt) USA
Tractor
Polaris Boss 6x6 with pods (tracks) Center actuating lawn mower by Husky
Air conditioning? (old pic taken in the Porkies state park MI X years ago) We are on a trail bridge. Our home does not have AC.
Porkies BC ski bridge dec (DL).jpg

ericm979

Elite Member
Tractor
Branson 3725H
Hello from "sunny" "warm" California!

It hit all of 56 here today and that's the warmest it has been all week. I have been running the wood stove.

NHBX

Gold Member
Tractor
Wow. I didn’t realize it got that warm there in May.
The weather patterns these last several years have been much warmer than what we used get. I've always preferred cooler weather.

OP
J

Jstpssng

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota L3301
Air conditioning? (old pic taken in the Porkies state park MI X years ago) We are on a trail bridge. Our home does not have AC.View attachment 745646
THAT'S what I'm talking about!!!!!! 👍 😎🥶😁

Actually I like our 4 season weather, otherwise I would have moved long ago. Summer is my least favorite season though... the only good things about it are corn, tomatoes, cucumbers... and bikini clad women. :p (Can I still say that?)
I will survive, just as I always do. Gotta go, these bean seeds won't plant themselves!

PS: I finally broke down and bought a cheap AC last year. It will get me by until I put in better windows and insulation.

oosik

Super Star Member
Tractor
2009 Kubota M6040
Give us a break. It hasn't even hit 60 here. I'm tired of all the frost warnings we are getting.

BravoXray

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2230, John Deere 430 Diesel
We broke a record set in 1896 (I think it was ) yesterday. Old record was 88° and we hit 90°. Was cooler today, 86° and low humidity.
I'd rather have snow.

OP
J

Jstpssng

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota L3301
We broke a record set in 1896 (I think it was ) yesterday. Old record was 88° and we hit 90°. Was cooler today, 86° and low humidity.
I'd rather have snow.
Who'd a thunk that Global Warming started in 1896? ;) (Where's that :stirthepot: gif when we need it? :D)

CalG

Elite Member
Tractor
Hurlimann 435, Fordson E27n, Bolens HT-23, Kubota B7200
I mentioned to the wife , just this evening, as we sat quietly after supper. "Only 4 more months till autumn!"

She likes the warm

I got NOTHING done today, felt out of sorts, Too Hot! . Over 80 degrees before noon.

bigtiller

Tractor
JD 2720
Just finished our 4th day in a row of 90+ degree weather with dew points in the mid to upper 70's.
In central Iowa! That's July temps for us.

Last edited:

jyoutz

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota MX6000
Air conditioning? (old pic taken in the Porkies state park MI X years ago) We are on a trail bridge. Our home does not have AC.View attachment 745646
We actually don’t have air conditioning in our house. At 6,900’ elevation, our hottest month is June when it averages in the mid to high 90s during the day, but at sunset the temperatures drop into the 60-70s. For about 2 weeks in late June we cuss the heat and say next year we’re getting air conditioning. Then around July 4, the monsoon rainy season starts and the daytime highs are in the mid-80s. It usually doesn’t get back up to the mid 90s again that season. Sometimes we will have a hot period in August, but usually June is the hottest month. At high elevations even when it’s hot during the day, nighttime’s are usually good sleeping weather with open windows. We do use ceiling fans.

Thomas

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota B2650HSD w/Frontloader & CC LTX1046 & Craftman T2200 lawn mower.
When it comes to the 3H's according to Mrs. I become moody...I agree.

ArlyA

Elite Member
Houghton MI (the Lake Superior snow belt) USA
Tractor
Polaris Boss 6x6 with pods (tracks) Center actuating lawn mower by Husky
We actually don’t have air conditioning in our house. At 6,900’ elevation, our hottest month is June when it averages in the mid to high 90s during the day, but at sunset the temperatures drop into the 60-70s. For about 2 weeks in late June we cuss the heat and say next year we’re getting air conditioning. Then around July 4, the monsoon rainy season starts and the daytime highs are in the mid-80s. It usually doesn’t get back up to the mid 90s again that season. Sometimes we will have a hot period in August, but usually June is the hottest month. At high elevations even when it’s hot during the day, nighttime’s are usually good sleeping weather with open windows. We do use ceiling fans.
Our average highs in July are something like 70 or maybe less. The big lake keeps us cool but when we hit 80 its an oven for us. We never get used to the heat. 😁

MossRoad

Old Timer
Tractor
Power Trac PT425 2001 Model Year
I came home from work two days ago and it was 88 degrees inside the house. My wife was working away at her computer happy as can be, with only a couple windows open in the house. I, on the other hand, was sweating like a pig!

I asked her why she didn't have the air on? She said it was nice. :rolleyes:

Only about eight more months until I can go ice fishing again.

tacticalturnip

Gold Member
Tractor
Deere 1025R
I came home from work two days ago and it was 88 degrees inside the house. My wife was working away at her computer happy as can be, with only a couple windows open in the house. I, on the other hand, was sweating like a pig!

I asked her why she didn't have the air on? She said it was nice. :rolleyes:

Only about eight more months until I can go ice fishing again.

You know, it's fascinating, my wife is the same way. It's odd how comfortable most women seem to be with heat; I've heard it said that it reminds them of hell, where they're from.

Not that I believe that...

2LaneCruzer

Super Star Member
Tractor
John Deere LX172
I HATE WINTER! As I'm so fond of saying, it's no wonder the Yankees won the war; after all, you have to be tough to survive the Northern Winters. The older I get, the more the heat...and cold...affect me, but the heat of Summer is easier to survive in the rural areas. The best climate I have ever experienced, was the three years we lived in Albuquerque. Loved the climate, but hated the desert, and let's face it, the culture there.

WVH1977

Gold Member
Tractor
New Holland TC40, Hitachi EX100, Gravely Pro-Turn 152
All of my older family (Great Depression Era) loved working in the heat. Maybe because that is all they new was working in the heat on the farm. I don't mind it to bad but hate when I get all sweaty, dusty and nasty. I like working outside when it is 40s and 50s.

Fall and Spring are my times of year I love. In the winter I wish it was warmer and in the summer I wish it was cooler. I have to go to San Diego every once in a while for work. They have really nice weather and low humidity.

Hot is not too bad but top on the 100% humidity and that is what gets you.

LouNY

Tractor
Branson 8050, IH 574, Oliver 1550 Diesel Utility (traded in on Branson)
I don't like summer and I don't like winter.
I have heat and AC but who wants to run either of them.
The AC is on now, heat was just a few days ago.
I prefer fall and spring, when it stays above 55-60 and under 70-74 the weather is good,
so very few days am I happy with the weather.
I have noticed as I've aged my tolerance for heat or cold has diminished.

Dftodd

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota l1501, Z121s
I wished it was only 80°. It was 95° Wednesday, and 97° yesterday. Took the dog for a good walk after dark and it was still in the high 80's.

MossRoad

Old Timer
Tractor
Power Trac PT425 2001 Model Year
You know, it's fascinating, my wife is the same way. It's odd how comfortable most women seem to be with heat; I've heard it said that it reminds them of hell, where they're from.

Not that I believe that...
When I worked in I.T. I'd have to visit many cubicles to do PC repairs. I was always amazed that I'd be uncomfortably warm, yet most of the women in the cubes were wearing sweaters and many had space heaters (against fire codes here in cubicles) plugged into power strips (against fire codes) under their desks. I'd honestly guess that I replaced close to 100 burnt power strips over the years. And many had multiple burnt slots on them, so like, hey, my space heater melted that port on my power strip, so I'll just plug it into the next. Yikes! :rolleyes:

When I'm sweating-hot when I come in from outside, and tell my wife it's hot in the house, she puts the backs of her hands on my cheeks and she's ice cold! In bed, she's got 2-3 blankets, and I've just got a sheet, and a fan blowing on me to keep me from sweating. Yet if you take our temperatures we are both 98.6!

Women are indeed strange creatures. I look at my wife and my mind still goes ROWR!! My wife looks at me and she rolls her eyes like "there's my carny husband." 😛🤣

ponytug

Elite Member
Tractor
Power Trac PT1445

I'm with you, though I have learned to live with it here in California. It took a couple of years. My view is I can always put on more gear to stay warm; hard to do anything about the heat. Today was the first morning for weeks that it wasn't in the thirties, and yet wildfires have already started in our area.

Still, it is gorgeous outside, and I would rather be outside than in.

Dodge those black flies! That is one insect I do not miss.

All the best,

Peter

WVH1977

Gold Member
Tractor
New Holland TC40, Hitachi EX100, Gravely Pro-Turn 152
When I worked in I.T. I'd have to visit many cubicles to do PC repairs. I was always amazed that I'd be uncomfortably warm, yet most of the women in the cubes were wearing sweaters and many had space heaters (against fire codes here in cubicles) plugged into power strips (against fire codes) under their desks. I'd honestly guess that I replaced close to 100 burnt power strips over the years. And many had multiple burnt slots on them, so like, hey, my space heater melted that port on my power strip, so I'll just plug it into the next. Yikes! :rolleyes:

When I'm sweating-hot when I come in from outside, and tell my wife it's hot in the house, she puts the backs of her hands on my cheeks and she's ice cold! In bed, she's got 2-3 blankets, and I've just got a sheet, and a fan blowing on me to keep me from sweating. Yet if you take our temperatures we are both 98.6!

Women are indeed strange creatures. I look at my wife and my mind still goes ROWR!! My wife looks at me and she rolls her eyes like "there's my carny husband." 😛🤣
The one thing me and my wife constantly fight over still is the Thermostat!!! I tell her to put a sweater on. I am not going to be hot and sweaty in my own house. 😁 When I am gone at work or somewhere for the day she jacks it up. lol Constant Battle!!! Still love her to death.

Thomas

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota B2650HSD w/Frontloader & CC LTX1046 & Craftman T2200 lawn mower.
I mentioned to the wife , just this evening, as we sat quietly after supper. "Only 4 more months till autumn!"

She likes the warm

I got NOTHING done today, felt out of sorts, Too Hot! . Over 80 degrees before noon.
My wife also likes the warm that's fine but when the 3H's arrive,I tell her in month or so start losing day light and I get the look. :cautious:

coobie

Tractor
Kubota RTV 1100c, JD 740,Kioti DK 40 with KL401 loader .

Attachments

• 017.jpg
    017.jpg
    845.1 KB · Views: 84
  • 098.jpg
    098.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 91
  • DSCN0094.JPG
    DSCN0094.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 96