I’m so honored

/ I’m so honored #11  
I have both ends of the spectrum. One neighbor, smokes pot with her kid in the back yard, lets her dogs run wild, and then accuses me of calling the pound. Told her, "The pound costs too much. A .22 would fix the problem I have with those dogs a lot cheaper". One across the street, let me use his trailer any time I needed one until I bought my own. Next door on one side, cooks Boston Butt and ribs for us, I move a little dirt for him and snag a few roots out of his yard. Latest neighbor is a young fireman. Apparently they don't teach about trying to burn chopped up leaves at the fire department anymore. Has smoked us out so many times in the past year. Only plus is he went to school with my stepson.

/ I’m so honored #12  
I thought welcoming people from different areas was taboo to some on this forum...

/ I’m so honored #14  
You Made That Uuuuuuuuup! (OP)

/ I’m so honored #15  
My nearest neighbor - 2.5 miles away - comes over two or three times a year. He is a fine fellow - we get along very well. He is a cattle rancher. Owns thousands of acres of range land. Wish I could get a picture of him. Comes cross country on his ATV. One of his cattle dogs is always riding on the rear platform of the ATV.

/ I’m so honored #16  
Awesome story! A neighbor makes or breaks the peace one has at home. Thank god mine too are great people… and part time. We watch the place and plow his driveway and cut the grass if their not around. In return he pours bourbon that I could never afford. All works out.

/ I’m so honored #17  
About 3 years ago a young couple (upper 20’s) bought the 8 acres next to us. We were leaving for a short vacation when we saw the man filling a washout at the entrance to his drive with a shovel and a wagon. We stopped to say welcome to the neighborhood and told him that when we got back I would bring the tractor up and fix the drive.

That was the start of an unusual relationship. We got to know then very well over the years. The house they bought is currently an Airbnb but their long range plan is to move from their “LA” home and live in the desert.

They were not married when we first met. They planned their wedding on their site and needed a venue. I cleared about an acre, installed lighting, set them up with a caterer and built 10 picnic tables for the reception all of course with their help. I have done many other maintenance work gratis due to their remote living. When they planned their wedding, they asked my wife (age 77) to be a maid of honor. And then when we were seated, our seats were the closest to their head table, IN FRONT of both their parents. We had become their honorary grand parents. In fact they call us G-ma and G-pa.

The love passes both ways as every time they come up here they bring food and cook meals for us. When my wife had a minor surgery, they came up and prepared full meals for 3 days so that she could rest.

Well now to the crux of the story. They had their first child on Wednesday, and yesterday they told us that they gave him the middle name of “James” in honor of me. I’m sure that their first daughter will have Elizabeth!

How lucky can you get.
That is rural living at its best! Also show us that there are young folks that have the right priorities! You are lucky to have them as a neighbor and they are lucky to have you and your wife as honorary Grand Parents.

/ I’m so honored #18  
Very heartwarming story. Good Neighbors are priceless.

/ I’m so honored #19  
a couple of my neighbors

1642258485195.png

istockphoto-164510786-1024x1024.jpg