Price Check I am looking at a used Mahindra 4500 2wd

/ I am looking at a used Mahindra 4500 2wd #1  

nod

Bronze Member
I own a 85-60 Mahindra and an old 3000 ford diesel 2wd. I use both tractors for bush hoging and general work, I have some property that I use the 3000 on and have to trailer it there. I am having shoulder problems and am having trouble steering the old 3000, no power steering. I saw a Mahindra 4500 2wd for sale on the side of the road. It has a fel and a six foot john deere 172 bush hog that looks almost new with it. The paint on the tractor is faded but not rusty. I did not get the hours on it and didn't get to hear it run, was in a hurry. The man said he was asking 13000. for the tractor and hog. That seems high but I have not priced any used tractors in years, I do know that everything has gone up though. He said his dad had bought the tractor new. Thanks for any advice.

/ I am looking at a used Mahindra 4500 2wd #3  
I own a 85-60 Mahindra and an old 3000 ford diesel 2wd. I use both tractors for bush hoging and general work, I have some property that I use the 3000 on and have to trailer it there. I am having shoulder problems and am having trouble steering the old 3000, no power steering. I saw a Mahindra 4500 2wd for sale on the side of the road. It has a fel and a six foot john deere 172 bush hog that looks almost new with it. The paint on the tractor is faded but not rusty. I did not get the hours on it and didn't get to hear it run, was in a hurry. The man said he was asking 13000. for the tractor and hog. That seems high but I have not priced any used tractors in years, I do know that everything has gone up though. He said his dad had bought the tractor new. Thanks for any advice.
If PS is your only gripe for around $300 you can add an aftermarket PS like I did. They are for sale all over the www. Works like a dream and doesn't take long to install...a couple of hours or so depending on your qualifications as a mechanic and your shop outfitting.

/ I am looking at a used Mahindra 4500 2wd
If PS is your only gripe for around $300 you can add an aftermarket PS like I did. They are for sale all over the www. Works like a dream and doesn't take long to install...a couple of hours or so depending on your qualifications as a mechanic and your shop outfitting.
I have looked at adding power steering on my 3000. Never seen anything that cheap, I can do the work, put a clutch in a 8n ford years ago. Can you give me a link on the PS for my ford? Thanks

/ I am looking at a used Mahindra 4500 2wd #6  
The $4200 tractor needed injectors and probably a fuel pump. The rest seem to be avg $11K,
if it runs and doesn’t have obvious issues, offer $10K?
All he can say is “no”.

/ I am looking at a used Mahindra 4500 2wd #7  
If PS is your sole complaint, you can install an aftermarket PS for roughly crossbow $300, like I did. They're available for purchase on the internet. It works great and doesn't take long to install...a couple of hours or so, depending on your mechanic credentials and shop setup.

Last edited: