I can't believe you pulled your gun..

/ I can't believe you pulled your gun.. #2  
Well, when a cop tells me to take my hand out of my pocket I usually don't say "No sir." Regardless of who started what, you just don't keep your hand in your pocket when a cop asks you to take it out. To me, the guy was quite confrontational and appears to be attempting to goad the cop into doing something. Given just that video, and having nothing else to go on, on a jury, I'd lean towards the cop in that situation.

/ I can't believe you pulled your gun.. #3  
Well, when a cop tells me to take my hand out of my pocket I usually don't say "No sir." Regardless of who started what, you just don't keep your hand in your pocket when a cop asks you to take it out. To me, the guy was quite confrontational and appears to be attempting to goad the cop into doing something. Given just that video, and having nothing else to go on, on a jury, I'd lean towards the cop in that situation.

That cop is out of his mind, drawing his weapon at that time.

CCW folks know that the cop is in his rights to do a meander stop if he thinks something is suspicious or is responding to a call. The camera guy doesn't respond well, but the cop only needs to maintain his distance, not draw his weapon and advance, potentially escalating the really stupid situation of a bystander videoing a cop.

We should also consider that the context is a newer subdivision, middle-class neighborhood, where most people do look at the police rolling through wondering what is going on.

Filming police is not a matter for police to become suspicious of the person filming.

The officer should have waved and moved on since he didn't have (we presume) reasonable cause for a meander stop (which apparently wasn't performed).

Anyway, the take-away is this: filming a cop is not baiting.

/ I can't believe you pulled your gun.. #4  
Looks like almost a toss up to me. Both people are a couple of sandwiches short of a picnic. But the real idiot is the guy trying to provoke the officer.

/ I can't believe you pulled your gun.. #5  
Looks like almost a toss up to me. Both people are a couple of sandwiches short of a picnic. But the real idiot is the guy trying to provoke the officer.

Yep pretty much. The Officer never pointed his weapon and I do understand how quickly someone can pull a gun out of their pocket and shoot, had it happen to friends, but while I "may" have put my hand on my weapon, I would not have unholstered it.

Today police are accused of doing too much or too little. In my area right now police departments are continually understaffed due to officers quitting and lack of new recruits. For the first time in my memory departments have paid for and are airing recruitment personnel. When I retired people were being hired and promoted who would not have gotten past the initial screening a few years earlier and it's just getting worse..

/ I can't believe you pulled your gun.. #6  
With so many attacks against police officers happening today, it would be foolish to assume anything. If he felt threatened or the need to have his pistol in his hand, I would say that he was well within his rights. People that get shot by the police are doing something stupid. It's just a matter of how far you push them. In my world, you do what the officer says, you remain calm and respectful and in every instance, nothing bad happens. Act the fool, be a big mouth, push the barriers and you risk getting shot.

/ I can't believe you pulled your gun.. #7  
I agree 100% with you Eddie. If I was on the jury of this one the police officer would win!

/ I can't believe you pulled your gun.. #8  
There was a case in Boston where a guy filming police was arrested. The state Supreme Court affirmed the right of citizens to film in public, and defined policing as a public activity.

I have a relative in law enforcement and he's fine with people videotaping him as he believes it will typically help defend his actions. He was baited and videotaped by some protesters his first week on the job.

Think the guy is a tool but I am glad people are out there challenging the limits of LEA actions versus citizens. It takes two to tango but while the LEO drew his gun he did not aim it towards him and that strikes me as a "No harm no foul" situation.

If you were in Boston after the marathon shooting and saw 7,000 officers, most armed with long arms, restricting movement in the search for a single wounded teenager, you'd be concerned as well. The irony of said teen being found by a private citizen after the " Shelter in place" order was revoked is acute. That they riddled the boat with bullets should give pause as well.

/ I can't believe you pulled your gun.. #9  
There was a case in Boston where a guy filming police was arrested. The state Supreme Court affirmed the right of citizens to film in public, and defined policing as a public activity.

I have a relative in law enforcement and he's fine with people videotaping him as he believes it will typically help defend his actions. He was baited and videotaped by some protesters his first week on the job.

Think the guy is a tool but I am glad people are out there challenging the limits of LEA actions versus citizens. It takes two to tango but while the LEO drew his gun he did not aim it towards him and that strikes me as a "No harm no foul" situation.

If you were in Boston after the marathon shooting and saw 7,000 officers, most armed with long arms, restricting movement in the search for a single wounded teenager, you'd be concerned as well. The irony of said teen being found by a private citizen after the " Shelter in place" order was revoked is acute. That they riddled the boat with bullets should give pause as well.

I certainly does give pause.. I think they need more training. With all those bullets, they should have killed him.. Or at least hit him. It would have saved us millions and millions in wasted tax revenue.

/ I can't believe you pulled your gun.. #10  

Still wish you could "like" posts here on TBN. Not much more you can say than this.