I did it 2

/ I did it 2 #1  

randot

Bronze Member
Tractor
DK 40SE
Thanks to all the informative posts and purchase stories, I (we) bought our CK30 HST from Little Tractor in Metropolis IL. Deal included a free box blade if we purchased prior to their open house.
Entire package is loader, tiller, 72" Rhino finish mower and a 16ft medium duty trailer. I have had trouble getting seat time, the wife always gets to it first. Having to be creative when I tell her different testing that must be accomplished and therefore I must drive. Only problem I noticed was the fuel gauge reading E and after seeing the posts about sending units I was convinced this was the problem, the dealer told me the tank was full. Topped the tank off just to be sure and five gallons later it read full, so I quickly called the dealer to cancel the sending unit request. Ten hours to date and our other complaint is the tasks get done too fast.

Attachments

• 839212-tractorday1SM.jpg
    839212-tractorday1SM.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 404
   / I did it 2 #2  
Congrats and welcome to the pack. Careful about that wife thing, "bad" habits often start out small.

Enjoy and work hard

David

/ I did it 2 #3  
Congrats randot. I don't have the tractor/wife problem, the only vehicle my wife likes is her car so she can go shopping /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Hopefully when buyer infatuation wears off on all of us we can keep each other informed on how well the Kiotis are living up to their reputations. Good Luck with your 30.

/ I did it 2 #4  
You need to get the wife a spa membership or something, you'll never get any seat time at this rate! /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ I did it 2 #5  
Congrats Randot,

Welcome to the club. Keep us posted on how she is doing for you (the tractor, that is).

/ I did it 2 #7  
Congrats on the new CK30. Let me/us know how the RFM works for you. I'm in the market for a 6 footer and have not decided which brand I will get for this summer. You will love that CK30HST. I know from 117 hrs of experience /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ I did it 2 #8  
Congratulations on the CK30HST. I have the same unit and I like it very much.

Be prepaid for some comments on your trailer tie down method. I do mine the exact same way and have received some very negative comments. I feel that this system is fine and I am not yet convinced that it is any more hazardous than using chains and binders. I travel the higways quite a bit and have seen enormous loads strapped down in this fashion including massive jet engines. But I am no expert just an observer.

See this ongoing thread http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Board/kioti/Number/838343/page/0/view/collapsed/sb/5/fpart/1/vc/1/o/all

Sorry, didn't mean to pollute a joyous moment but you have walked into the line of fire with your picture. Again Congratulations, I hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ I did it 2 #9  
Congrtats on the purchase randot.

As far as the trailering method, the only problem I see is having the Front End Loader pistons fully exposed while driving. Any debris (dirt, salt, aspalt patch) that gets picked up could easily pit the pistons at highway speeds. After years of this, I am sure you will need to rebuild them sooner than later.

/ I did it 2 #10  
I also send my congratulations and welcome to the Pack!

We are growing every month /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif.