---I hate Kubota at times!!!!!!, so long Messick catalogs online...SAD.

/ ---I hate Kubota at times!!!!!!, so long Messick catalogs online...SAD. #11  
It strikes me as a throw back mentality to a time that seems has passed.

It's an open world. I don't know how you turn the clock back on open buying, open exchange of information and published pricing (oops, other than the "Build Your Kubota" for retail, that's not allowed either).

Kubota seems intent on keeping tight controls over their image as a premium product. Mystique and all not withstanding, it seems just a wee bit over blown.

/ ---I hate Kubota at times!!!!!!, so long Messick catalogs online...SAD. #12  
Someone that knows please clarify. On line parts looks up are going to still be available? Or just ending online sale of parts? Or what.

/ ---I hate Kubota at times!!!!!!, so long Messick catalogs online...SAD. #13  
Manufacturers that can't embrace technology to market their parts probably can't embrace technology to design them. I'm guessing Kubota engineers still carry slide rules.

/ ---I hate Kubota at times!!!!!!, so long Messick catalogs online...SAD. #14  
   / ---I hate Kubota at times!!!!!!, so long Messick catalogs online...SAD. #15  
Someone that knows please clarify. On line parts looks up are going to still be available? Or just ending online sale of parts? Or what.

I seriously doubt online sale will stop.

I hope messicks will chime in here sometime soon and offer some insight. A good dealer shouldnt be penalized for that.

I wish there was a way to have our own parts diagram.:( or even a log in would be fine.

/ ---I hate Kubota at times!!!!!!, so long Messick catalogs online...SAD. #16  
Don't know real reason behind Kubota's decision...copyright, culture, franchise protectionism, whatever...it won't work. Cat's out of the bag. Internet commerce is part of a contemporary business model. Savvy merchants like Messick will maintain an online presence...until something better comes along. Likewise, smart customers will buy from them. Win-win.

As for the online catalog...sorry to see it go. A real convenience when ordering parts. Only slightly less convenient is having the Kubota Parts Book for your tractor on your own computer as a PDF. When there's nothing online for the stuff I maintain, I have my own digital and hardcopy library...

/ ---I hate Kubota at times!!!!!!, so long Messick catalogs online...SAD. #17  
If enough people speak up they will reconsider. It is a business and they would be wise to listen to their sales base.

/ ---I hate Kubota at times!!!!!!, so long Messick catalogs online...SAD. #18  
I'm wondering if the same thing will happen at Tractorsmart?

/ ---I hate Kubota at times!!!!!!, so long Messick catalogs online...SAD. #19  
Boy Kubota made a GREAT decision on this, I tell ya... Let's penalize a great dealer for being TOO successful in order to prop up other dealers who are too behind the times to set up their own online ordering system. Or heaven forbid, set up a system like Deere's. Messicks will continue to get my business because their service is head and shoulders above that of my local dealer. Kubota---I hope you are reading this. If you want to preserve your image of a premium product, let your underperforming dealers adapt or perish.

/ ---I hate Kubota at times!!!!!!, so long Messick catalogs online...SAD. #20  
Just got this email....::mad:

Effective February 16th, Kubota Tractor is forcing Messick Farm Equipment to remove the tractor parts catalogs from our website. While we do not agree with this decision, we have no choice but to comply. We have built a business around providing online parts support to under served customers and we will continue to do so. After this date, please feel free to contact our staff and we will provide you with the unmatched service and support that you've come to expect. We will be able to email you any resources at you request, but will be unable to make the information publicly available. We apologize for the inconvenience this will cause our customers, and will do all we can to minimize your frustrations. As a last hurrah, we'll be offering 10% off all in stock or stock ordered parts until the catalogs go offline.

We thank you for your past and future business as we continue to innovate and provide the best parts support possible.
Sincerely, the parts staff at Messicks.

What about requiring people to "register" to get access? Does this make it "not publicly available"?