I haven't seen one of these in a while

/ I haven't seen one of these in a while #11  
I remember when Superman use to fly out of one, wonder what he's using nowadays........

/ I haven't seen one of these in a while #12  
I remember when Superman use to fly out of one, wonder what he's using nowadays........

porta-potty.jpg

/ I haven't seen one of these in a while #14  
Anybody seen a drinking fountain lately, since they taught us all to drink warm water?

/ I haven't seen one of these in a while #16  
We all probably remember checking them for change... :laughing:

Many years ago there was a local restaurant that had a small porch on the west entrance to keep the wind out and there was a pay phone in it. One particular patron who was a real cheapskate would always check it for a coin every time he came in. If you were inside seated at a table close to the door you could hear the little metal cover "tink" when he pulled his finger out. One day somebody saw him pulling into the lot so he quickly stuck a nickel into a fork's prongs and heated it up with his cigarette lighter and managed to get it in the coin return before the guy came in. Everybody was quiet listening and heard him yelp when he stuck his finger on a still very hot coin, but when he came inside he acted like nothing had happened. He probably didn't quit checking for coins after that but I bet he pushed the little cover up and looked inside instead of sticking his finger in.

/ I haven't seen one of these in a while #17  
You're supposed to fill it will peanut butter.... ;)

/ I haven't seen one of these in a while #18  
One particular patron who was a real cheapskate would always check it for a coin every time he came in. If you were inside seated at a table close to the door you could hear the little metal cover "tink" when he pulled his finger out.

Back in the day, I used to stop for coffee at a convenience store on College Avenue in Clemson on my way to the office. My schedule coincided with the morning walk of a senior citizen. I saw him stop to check each coin-return slot on our common route. I learned that he was a retired faculty member.:)

Steve

/ I haven't seen one of these in a while #19  
This type was better.phonebooth.jpeg

/ I haven't seen one of these in a while #20  
Back in the day, I used to stop for coffee at a convenience store on College Avenue in Clemson on my way to the office. My schedule coincided with the morning walk of a senior citizen. I saw him stop to check each coin-return slot on our common route. I learned that he was a retired faculty member.:)

Steve

When I was an Asst. Grocery Mgr., we caught a not-so-retired faculty member shoplifting...of all things, bar soap and candy bars. His excuse? Groceries were just too high! Shoplifting was a real problem in that store though; everyone from housewives stealing baby items to grade schoolers stealing cigarettes.