I need a pocket screwdriver!

/ I need a pocket screwdriver! #1  

RSKY

Veteran Member
Kentucky, West of the Lakes, South of Possum Trot.
Tractor
Kioti CK20S
I nearly always have a pair of 6" Channel Lock pliers in my pocket. Lately I find that I also need a screwdriver. I need something that folds like a two bladed pocket knife with a Phillips head on one end and a slotted head on the other. Think of a Case pocket knife with the blades replaced with screwdriver shafts. All I can find are overly complicated with sockets etc. and I do not need that.

Any ideas?

RSKY

/ I need a pocket screwdriver! #3  
Leatherman Fuse; they ended production of them a while back but they can still be had easily enough. They're essentially an original Leatherman with a bit better ergonomics.

Multi-tools are great, but quality varies, and that quality is the difference between that screwdriver breaking because it's crap, and breaking because you're a beast. 😂

/ I need a pocket screwdriver! #4  
It is not a folder, but my oft carried, multi-use screwdriver is a Klein "11 in 1". It provides both #1 and #2 Phillips, small and medium flat tip screwdrivers, less frequently used square and Torx bits, and although you disparaged sockets, often used 1/4 and 5/16" nutdrivers.

Another solution might be to weld a flat screwdriver bit and a Phillips bit to the ends of the plier handles. With the plier handles at right angles to each other you could really exert some torque. And you would not need worry about misplacing/losing the bits or a second tool.

/ I need a pocket screwdriver! #5  
   / I need a pocket screwdriver! #6  
It is not a folder, but my oft carried, multi-use screwdriver is a Klein "11 in 1". It provides both #1 and #2 Phillips, small and medium flat tip screwdrivers, less frequently used square and Torx bits, and although you disparaged sockets, often used 1/4 and 5/16" nutdrivers.

Another solution might be to weld a flat screwdriver bit and a Phillips bit to the ends of the plier handles. With the plier handles at right angles to each other you could really exert some torque. And you would not need worry about misplacing/losing the bits or a second tool.

This Guy is a thinker! I like your style.

/ I need a pocket screwdriver! #7  
Make sure it has a hefty hinge pin. (Or baby it)

/ I need a pocket screwdriver! #8  

I’ve got a similar tool but 13 in 1 from Milwaukee. Many companies make them. Nice to have the nut drivers with the screw drivers. However, the nut driver doesn’t fit the little pot metal nuts that are put on the studs that hold florescent ballasts on. My only gripe with that tool.

/ I need a pocket screwdriver! #9  
   / I need a pocket screwdriver! #10  
This is the one I use, don't leave the house without it, saved my bacon a couple of times. You can change the bitts out for what ever you want, standard size 1/4" driver so it'll fit standard sizes, the driver can be used at 90 deg for leverage or straight on and it keeps an edge,,,,,,,,

1657905031187.png