I sold my Mahindra

/ I sold my Mahindra #1  

buck12

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota 5460HSTC
I sold a fine tractor today and I am already having sellers regret. In August, I bought a Kubota 5460 HSTC. We are building a cabin on our rural property and I want to maintain the property more regularly than I have in the past and the cab sure makes it more pleasurable.

When I bought the Kubota, I said I was going to keep the Mahindra for at least a year to see how much I would still use it. I have used it very little but I was leaning towards keeping it. My BIL asked about the tractor several months back. He has been helping me a lot on the cabin and I caved and agreed to sell it at a great price. The money will be nice to put on the cabin but it was not like we really needed it.

I bought the 2006 Mahindra 2615 gear in 2008 with 220 hours on it. The tractor has been flawless. Other than a couple of batteries and regular maintenance, the only thing I have done to the tractor is a fan belt. I did break the hydraulic filter housing several years ago but that was my fault.

I read in a lot of threads where Mahindras are referred to as 鍍hird tier tractors with 渡o resell value? My Mahindra was (is) a great tractor. It was simple and did everything I asked of it. I hope my Kubota is as reliable as the Mahindra was.

Now I guess I will change my signature. Thanks to all the TBN Mahindra members who have provided advice over the years.

/ I sold my Mahindra #2  
Thanks for the update, and it's always nice to hear someone who sold not due to issues! Good luck on cabin, I'm sure it will bring you joy for many years!

/ I sold my Mahindra #3  
no resale value? i am actively trying to buy one, machines 5-6 year old have lost like 3-4 grand only. im close to buying new. now kubota commands stupid prices next to them...

/ I sold my Mahindra #4  
I sold a fine tractor today and I am already having sellers regret. In August, I bought a Kubota 5460 HSTC. We are building a cabin on our rural property and I want to maintain the property more regularly than I have in the past and the cab sure makes it more pleasurable.

When I bought the Kubota, I said I was going to keep the Mahindra for at least a year to see how much I would still use it. I have used it very little but I was leaning towards keeping it. My BIL asked about the tractor several months back. He has been helping me a lot on the cabin and I caved and agreed to sell it at a great price. The money will be nice to put on the cabin but it was not like we really needed it.

I bought the 2006 Mahindra 2615 gear in 2008 with 220 hours on it. The tractor has been flawless. Other than a couple of batteries and regular maintenance, the only thing I have done to the tractor is a fan belt. I did break the hydraulic filter housing several years ago but that was my fault.

I read in a lot of threads where Mahindras are referred to as 鍍hird tier tractors with 渡o resell value? My Mahindra was (is) a great tractor. It was simple and did everything I asked of it. I hope my Kubota is as reliable as the Mahindra was.

Now I guess I will change my signature. Thanks to all the TBN Mahindra members who have provided advice over the years.

Kubota is the Rolls Royce of tractors!

/ I sold my Mahindra #6  
no resale value? i am actively trying to buy one, machines 5-6 year old have lost like 3-4 grand only. im close to buying new. now kubota commands stupid prices next to them...

Been there. Kubota is a great machine but you pay for it. I would up buying a new LS with better capacity for less than a used K out of warranty. Really wanted a new K but could not afford it.

/ I sold my Mahindra
I did really well with my Mahindra even giving my BIL a great deal. If I sold all the attachments and trailer I bought with the tractor I could almost break even and I used the tractor for 12 years.

I only referenced the resale value because many on TBN seem to often say Mahindras have poor resell value. That was not my experience.

/ I sold my Mahindra #8  
I guess I understand the folks that say that Mahindra doesn't have a good "resale" value are actually valid to me...as I've had my 6000 since the spring of 2003...and I'm NEVER gonna sell it (I've had a bunch of folks ask me to sell it to them though)....soooo, I guess, for me they're right as my Mahindra has NO RESALE value....BobG in VA

/ I sold my Mahindra #9  
No tractor that is being traded in for a new machine will have any value. Dealers will pay little for them but add $$$$ to them and 'resale' them for more than they paid. Same deal with used cars.
Try to buy a Mahindra CUT and see if they "give them away". If any found, let me know. I will take a dozen 'cheap' Mahindra's please!

/ I sold my Mahindra #10  
I have a kubota and a mahindra but my cab is on my kubota UTV :) Nothing bad to say about either. I do wish one of my tractors had a cab and I have considered trading both for 1 tractor with a cab but I also live around trees so I would worry about glass and branches often.