Ideas for repairing radiator? REPAIRED!

/ Ideas for repairing radiator? REPAIRED! #31  
Super glue for helicopter blades???
Sure would like to see the FAA/DOT PMA approval no's!
and.....the extensive test results required.

But then it was on the 'net so it must be a true fact----------------!
The first thing you need to accept is that everything on the internet is true. Once you accept that, life will get easier, it says so on the internet.

/ Ideas for repairing radiator? REPAIRED! #32  
Super glue for helicopter blades???
Sure would like to see the FAA/DOT PMA approval no's!
and.....the extensive test results required.

But then it was on the 'net so it must be a true fact----------------!

They’re probably just filling in chips for better aerodynamics vs gluing a blade that’s broke in half back together.

/ Ideas for repairing radiator? REPAIRED! #33  
Depends on the two part epoxy.... Try JB Weld.... IT will even seal fuel tanks, should be good with water....

View attachment 721249
I've used this exact J-B Weld on the front head bolt (stud) on my 1946 Willys CJ2-A to seal it from the water and to re-thread the hole. Yes, it works in water (after letting it dry hard). I torqued the head bolt nuts and it has not leaked since 2008. I have not tried the other formulas that they sell - but - this 2-Part works great !! It comes out just like cast iron !!!

/ Ideas for repairing radiator? REPAIRED! #34  
bring it into a radiator shop and see if they can put a new lower tank on it - preferably a metal one.

/ Ideas for repairing radiator? REPAIRED! #36  
Remind me not to get aboard the chopper.

/ Ideas for repairing radiator? REPAIRED! #38  
That is how they fix helicopter blades. Blades are a lot bigger than most folks think.
Filling a cosmetic chip with putty isn't really a "fix"

Spending $20 on epoxy plus 4 hours pulling your rad apart in order to save $200-300 on a rad that protects your $10,000-$20,000 motor from cooking isn't really a fix either.

/ Ideas for repairing radiator? REPAIRED! #39  
Filling a cosmetic chip with putty isn't really a "fix"

Spending $20 on epoxy plus 4 hours pulling your rad apart in order to save $200-300 on a rad that protects your $10,000-$20,000 motor from cooking isn't really a fix either.
Engine. Yep but they have some bad axt things available now days. I'd try just to see how they do.

/ Ideas for repairing radiator? REPAIRED! #40  
I am not doubting nor know any of these will work but 07wingnut's recommendation would be along the line I think makes good sense. You should install large flat washers on the machine screws (stainless) and drill the holes snug so they would remain in place as you install them using the hole from inside the radiator. Have them long enough so you could use vise grips pliers to hold the screws to tighten the nut. Would suggest a good gasket being used.

Along the concerns of another failure the biggest concern I would have is not the cracking coming back but the nipple totally breaking off. Temperature gauges normally measure the coolant temp not the engine temp so loss of coolant would allow the engine to be very hot before you noticed it.