IDENTIFY THIS WELDER

/ IDENTIFY THIS WELDER #1  

Professor Marvel

Platinum Member
Tractor
Ford 5000, Kubota 2150 HST, NH TC45 D, JD 375 Baby Skid Steer --- STUFF THAT GOES ON EM, Schwinn Stingray
Can anybody help me identify this welder? Obviously a Miller but what model?It has a 2 cyl Onan motor that I think was made in 1984. I am looking for parts and a manual.
Thanks

Attachments

• WELDER.jpg
    WELDER.jpg
    180 KB · Views: 749
   / IDENTIFY THIS WELDER #2  
Looks like a Miller Bobcat. How many amps is it. You should be able to find parts for it. They still make the Bobcat welders.

/ IDENTIFY THIS WELDER #3  
Its probably a 185 amp AC unit or so? Second portable welder my father bought. (first was an SA short hood hand crank that needed more work than it was worth..at the time) I believe it was called a "Rough Neck or Blue Star". Manual operated idle.

Edit: Thinking about it more it could be a AEAD200.

Last edited:
   / IDENTIFY THIS WELDER #4  
Looks to be either a Blue Star or a Legend AEAD 200 LE. Sold a pile of these back in the 80's..

/ IDENTIFY THIS WELDER #5  
Might be a roughneck too. Send a Pic of the front.

/ IDENTIFY THIS WELDER #6  
Looks like the bobcat I had in my last service truck with most of the side pannels missing.
Bill

/ IDENTIFY THIS WELDER #7  
I'm not sure there was a Bob Cat in 1984.

/ IDENTIFY THIS WELDER #8  
That's what I was thinking. Seems like the first bobcat I saw was in 87 or 88.

/ IDENTIFY THIS WELDER #9  
Just write down the serial number and go to the Miller Welding website under literature and contact them. They will have a reprint or downloadable PDF file of the manual and can probably tell you who the original purchaser was as well.

/ IDENTIFY THIS WELDER
Just write down the serial number and go to the Miller Welding website under literature and contact them. They will have a reprint or downloadable PDF file of the manual and can probably tell you who the original purchaser was as well.

I am sorry. I have tried to get that at their website and cannot seeem to find the heading that gives me those choices. Is there any way you might have a link to the specific url?
Thanks