If you live in California, stock up on parts. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / If you live in California, stock up on parts. . . #1  

beowulf

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L3410 HST, J Deere riding mower
   / If you live in California, stock up on parts. . . #4  
California is out of control. I am getting tired of the increasing perception that electric powered stuff is better for the environment than petro-powered. The environment includes more than the air, but this coven of "leaders" wants you to believe that the electricity is emissions-free and that the batteries just appear, and are not made of minerals strip-mined in China, Africa or South America by oppressed labor. Also keep in mind that the equipment itself is loaded with metal and plastic that all have enviro costs much greater than thats already built and working. I've been waiting for about 45 years for CA to finally "go too far" and have the people there revolt. But it looks like the the majority still want to be led around by the nose and fed mis-truths about the world they live in. I feel really sorry for the sensible folks in the central valley.

/ If you live in California, stock up on parts. . . #6  
Soooo, what if you have an area that a battery powered whatever isn't going to cut it (pun intended)? Me for instance, if I decide to whipper snip all areas that need it, takes a good 2 hours and 2-2/12 tanks of fuel. I'd need a battery the size of a bus battery to do it. To mow, my ZT it takes 1-1/2 hours what battery powered POS will run that long.
Not to mention when the battery goes bad you're probably looking at over half the price of a new piece of equipment to replace it.
Isn't this the same state that forced us to have those ventless, gas spilling, useless fuel tanks?............Mike

/ If you live in California, stock up on parts. . .
Just waiting for them to stop selling gas.

/ If you live in California, stock up on parts. . . #8  
California is out of control. I am getting tired of the increasing perception that electric powered stuff is better for the environment than petro-powered. The environment includes more than the air, but this coven of "leaders" wants you to believe that the electricity is emissions-free and that the batteries just appear, and are not made of minerals strip-mined in China, Africa or South America by oppressed labor. Also keep in mind that the equipment itself is loaded with metal and plastic that all have enviro costs much greater than thats already built and working. I've been waiting for about 45 years for CA to finally "go too far" and have the people there revolt. But it looks like the the majority still want to be led around by the nose and fed mis-truths about the world they live in. I feel really sorry for the sensible folks in the central valley.
People from California are not stupid - they just vote stupid!
I'mm from California. It is a great place to be from.
Very hard to listen to all the bullshit there and not buy into it - you are constantly bombarded with it.

/ If you live in California, stock up on parts. . . #9  
We prefer to be a “what is best for us” state, unlike those me, me, me states.

I care about the health of my kids and grandkids. How about you?

/ If you live in California, stock up on parts. . . #10  
We prefer to be a “what is best for us” state, unlike those me, me, me states.

I care about the health of my kids and grandkids. How about you?
You remind me of the foolish neighborhood street signs that state: Drive slow, we love our kids as though no one else loves their kids?

Status
Not open for further replies.