Inappropriate ads

/ Inappropriate ads #1  

etpm

Veteran Member
Tractor
yanmar ym2310
Hey all,
I am afraid I might sound like a prude but please hear me out. I don't mind ads showing women wearing alluring attire or in alluring poses. I'm sure there are ads with men in similar poses and similar male related attire. In fact, I like ads showing women wearing sexy clothes. Ads showing women, not girls. I keep seeing ads from TEMU showing little girls in poses where they are trying to look sexy. Maybe I'm a prude. Or over sensitive. Still, I think the ads are inappropriate and I would rather not see them. I think little girls and boys need to be little girls and boys. The ads just push them into acting like adults way too soon. And I cannot stop these ads from appearing on TBN. TBN is the only place I see them. Google just ignores my comment about them being inappropriate and the ad often will reappear right after I close it after giving feedback saying it was inappropriate. Maybe I'm just an old prude but I don't think so. If I can't stop these ads I will just stop visiting at TBN because TBN is the only place where these ads appear. It is not like I am being passive. Every time one of these offensive shows up I close it and then send feedback saying the ad was inappropriate.
Sincerely,
Eric

/ Inappropriate ads #2  
Hey all,
I am afraid I might sound like a prude but please hear me out. I don't mind ads showing women wearing alluring attire or in alluring poses. I'm sure there are ads with men in similar poses and similar male related attire. In fact, I like ads showing women wearing sexy clothes. Ads showing women, not girls. I keep seeing ads from TEMU showing little girls in poses where they are trying to look sexy. Maybe I'm a prude. Or over sensitive. Still, I think the ads are inappropriate and I would rather not see them. I think little girls and boys need to be little girls and boys. The ads just push them into acting like adults way too soon. And I cannot stop these ads from appearing on TBN. TBN is the only place I see them. Google just ignores my comment about them being inappropriate and the ad often will reappear right after I close it after giving feedback saying it was inappropriate. Maybe I'm just an old prude but I don't think so. If I can't stop these ads I will just stop visiting at TBN because TBN is the only place where these ads appear. It is not like I am being passive. Every time one of these offensive shows up I close it and then send feedback saying the ad was inappropriate.
Sincerely,
Eric
Hi Eric,
I haven't seen the adverts, but if they're as you describe, I don't think that's prudish at all. I think most cultures recognise the need for children to be allowed to be just children and discover their sexuality in their own time. Sexualising children before their time is widely held as wrong.
I realise this is opinion based, but when opinion aligns with widely held societal values, I think it's fair to call it out inappropriate content and ask those propagating it to stop.
Time for TBN to look at the content and take action if it's inappropriate.

/ Inappropriate ads #3  
G'day Eric, I, too, have not seen these "TEMU" adds on TBN... however I run AdBlock +, so advertisements are at a minimum.

I do agree that the sexualisation of children is very inappropriate.

TBN's administration will, undoubtedly, address your concerns.

/ Inappropriate ads #4  
I'm thinking it's more likely a result of "cookies" on your computer and not anything to do with TBN.
Never seen anything from "TEMU" & had to google it to find out what you were talking about.

/ Inappropriate ads #5  
never seen any girls add on TBN until I got on this specific thread and its full of it pretty weird... I would suggest clear your internet history and check again ?

1685189222121.png

/ Inappropriate ads #7  
Windows 11 does a pretty good job on blocking third-party cookies and privacy, but you have to do some digging and setting. And as mentioned, your browser and search history play a big part of what you see. There's also a software program I run at the end of sessions to remove unwanted cookies, history and trackers. Perhaps I shouldn't mention it, but I don't see any adds here anymore. Nor on most other sites, including news sites.

/ Inappropriate ads #8  
G'day Eric, I, too, have not seen these "TEMU" adds on TBN... however I run AdBlock +, so advertisements are at a minimum.

I do agree that the sexualisation of children is very inappropriate.

TBN's administration will, undoubtedly, address your concerns.
Ad Block Ultimate removes ALL ads but it a pay app, unlike the lesser versions.

/ Inappropriate ads #9  
I've not had any of THOSE ads come up on TBN. Sounds like a problem exclusive to your setup.

/ Inappropriate ads #10  
I've seen some similar adds pop up on TBN, seems to come and go. They are bad enough I stop checking TBN at work for a few days when the start to pop up.