info on hydraulic manifold

/ info on hydraulic manifold #1  

muddstopper

Veteran Member
Tractor
Ventrac, Steiner
I have ran across a manifold/accessory block I cant find any info on. IMG_0026.jpg The valve is a parker, cse c132a. Block has some sort of flow control and is used to connect hydraulic tooling to using QC. There are three connections, one 10gpm flow, and two 5gpm flows. currently on has the connections installed for the 10gpm and one 5gpm connection.I believe the 5gpm flows are fixed flows while the 10gpm flow can be adjusted by the large knob. Thats about all I know about this accessory block. Any help id'ing and maybe a little info about just how this part is supposed to work will help me decide if I want to go thru the trouble to try and salvage it for another project. If someone has a link I can visit I would appreciate if you could post it.

Last edited:
   / info on hydraulic manifold
78 views and no replies. I thought there would be at least one person other than me has seen one of these valves. What little I know of this valve, it is used to provide power for hydraulic tooling, jack hammers, hydraulic impact wrenches,drills and such. The valve gets its oil from a diverter valve so it only has a oil supply when you actually need the oil. Somehow this valve acts as a flow control and a divider valve, supplying up to 10gpm for one port, or 5gpm for the other two ports. I am pretty sure you cant get 10gpm and the two 5 gpm flows at the same time.

/ info on hydraulic manifold #3  
78 views and no replies. I thought there would be at least one person other than me has seen one of these valves.

Be a little more patient, you only gave it 10 hrs (which most people were sleeping for anyways). I'm sure someone will have experience with something like this :)

Actually my comment was more of a bump to keep it near the top until someone that knows what it is might see it. You know usually something unusual will get a lot of looks and few hits until someone makes a comment and then everybody that has ever see something similar will chime in. I think when someone comments, it gives everybody that "Oh yea" moment, "I remember now, worked on one just like it and this is how its supposed to work". This might be a tractor forum, but there are a lot of knowledgeable folks here that work on other equipment beside tractors.

/ info on hydraulic manifold #5  
muddstopper,
are there any part numbers engraved or stamped in any of the valves? This might help ID what they are and give some idea of the circuit.

/ info on hydraulic manifold #6  
Have you checked under the covers that are pointed up. I was sure oldnslo would of known. There is someone else that works in a shop that works all the time on hyds at work. I just can't remember his name.

I looked at this valve a while back, but had a guy take the picture and send it to me yesterday. As I recall, the only numbers are the ones I posted. The CSE C132A, which can be seen in the picture. I do remember the cartridge in the 10gpm has no marking, but the ones for the 5gpm ports do have some numbers, but besides the 5gpm numbers, I dont have the rest of the number. I am guessing the cartridges are most likely pressure compensated flow controls. I am almost positive the knob is for adjusting the flow on the first port from zero to 10gpm. I dont know what the pressure or flow is that goes to this valve, nor do I know where the relief for it is located, but pretty sure its somewhere up stream from the valve. This valve is a add on to the piece of equipment, not OEM, so I am not sure without a lot of hose traceing, where in the hyd circuit it is even connected.

I have tried searching parkers site using the numbers on the valve but havent came up with anything.

/ info on hydraulic manifold #8  
Interesting that you say it is a Parker manifold and the knob says Eaton Vickers. I would hazard a guess that valve is not original.

If 2-ported pressure compensated flow controls they typically have supply pressure coming into the nose of the valve 1 1/2" or more from the valve mounting surface and regulated flow out the side port approx 5/8 - 11/16 from mounting surface. If they are three ported priority flow controls then pressure still comes in the nose, top port is regulated flow, middle port 1 3/8" from surface is excess flow. Does that information help you figure out what the circuit could be?

From the picture I can't tell the elevations of the connections and if there are three levels or only two.

Unless this is a catalog Item I doubt the CSE number will be of any value since most valve companies have a number system that you need the dicipher code for Like Vickers 02-**** or Rexroth R9****.

If you can get more pictures showing the various sides we can probably guess better but without actual valve models it is a guessing game.

I also know that some customers wanted the ports & valves numbered Vs lettered so the 5 may not be 5 GPM.

On the valves with the round cap. There could be an adjustment under those caps or they could be shimmed. I have seen them built both ways.

I know the ports are for 10gpm,5gpm,5gpm flows as I have used this very valve for connecting various hyd tools. I aint sure who makes the manifold, I did find reference to a cse manifold made by Sun while looking on the internet, but couldnt decipher anything. I will be back where the valve is located next week and will make the effort to see if there are any more markings. I think for right now I am just putting together to many guesses and over thinking the whole thing. Once I get my hands on it, I might be able to figure it out. I appreciate your replies and when I can get some more hard info, I will post an update.

/ info on hydraulic manifold #10  
I havent seen anything like it. But possible that it is sourced from several different MFG's.

Someone perhaps bought a base block from some MFG, then installed whatever flow controls and cartridges they wanted.

I would think there would be more information on that Manifold block. Like a MFG name or something.

Hydraulics, when it comes to pumps, vlaves, etc are some of the hardest to try to identify. Makes you want to start doing this :mur: