Initial attachments to get with new Kubota L3560LE?

/ Initial attachments to get with new Kubota L3560LE? #1  

ScottHam

Tractor
Kubota L3560LE HST 4WD; R4 tires; 3rd function valve; rear remote
Here is another question in connection with my upcoming purchase of a Kubota 2501HST with FEL and 3rd function valve. I'm planning for R4 tires and rear wheel spacers. The primary intended use for my tractor is brush clearing and road maintenance. My property here in the Texas hill country is rocky and hilly, and my half-mile driveway is narrow and curvy and fairly steep in some places. The steep places are paved, and the rest is caliche/gravel/dirt. The brush consists of juniper/cedar bushes/trees including little saplings up to ~16-inch trunks.

Implement considerations:
Grapple - I've already received some excellent advice regarding types of grapples and their uses. Thank you to all who have commented.

Rear blade vs box blade - Given how curvy and hilly my driveway is, I'm leaning toward a rear blade because it seems like it will better pull the gravel back onto the road, but I am open to suggestions.

Tooth bar - I'm certainly going to be doing some digging in this rocky ground, and also hoping to tear out some saplings and bushes. Based on videos and comments I have seen the Piranha toothbar seems excellent for this sort of thing, but perhaps traditional teeth attached to my bucket is better.

Weights - I plan to get my rear tires filled, and will likely keep the rear blade on for additional rear weight......Not sure if I want to also get wheel weights or a ballast box.

Any comments or suggestions are very welcome. Thank you.

Last edited:
   / Initial attachments to get with new Kubota L3560LE? #2  
Weights - I plan to get my rear tires filled, and will likely keep the rear blade on for additional rear weight......Not sure if I want to also get wheel weights or a ballast box.

===== I assume you will order 4-WD =====​

There is only so much 25-horsepower can do.

"Loaded" rear tires are fine. Tractor center-of-gravity will be lower, improving stability. More weight in addition to loaded rear tires will not improve L2501 traction. You will optimize traction with loaded tires.

Removable rear blade is fine, by itself, should you wish to run over lawns without rutting them, with the blade off. You will need 'some' TPH counterbalance when using your grapple, supplementing loaded rear tires.

Forget wheel weights. Forget the ballast box. Whoa!

There is only so much rear weight light tractor rear wheel rims and an axle supplemented with wheel spacers will tolerate long term. A wider wheel stance usually means wider, therefore heavier implements. Your tractor warranty will be void from day one with non-Kubota wheel spacers installed.

BUY ENOUGH TRACTOR
If you want more 'grunt', consider a Kubota L3560, 1,000 pounds heavier than the L2501 with 35-horsepower. Adjustable rear wheel spread (by Kubota) with R4 tires is standard kit. Diesel consumption = 1/2 gph.

Last edited:
   / Initial attachments to get with new Kubota L3560LE? #3  
I just finished dragging a lot of gravel back up my hilly driveway with a box blade on my L2501. I think it's a 12-13 degree grade. IMO, a box blade makes it easier to capture and move gravel that has washed than a dirt blade. I have both.

I also have a toothbar on my larger tractor, but I would be hesitant to recommend using one to tear out saplings and bushes unless they were small and the soil was loose. With saplings, I have found that sometimes they pull out, and sometimes the toothbar shears them at an angle near ground level leaving behind a pointy stub. If the ground is hard and the saplings are well rooted, I wouldn't recommend using a toothbar on a FEL bucket based on my experience.

The dealer filled my L2501 rear tires with beet juice. With 4wd, I don't personally haven't felt the need for a ballast box or wheel weights in addition to the beet juice. I am able to drag a 5' box blade nearly full of gravel back up my driveway in 4wd pretty easily.

/ Initial attachments to get with new Kubota L3560LE? #4  
See my comments on orange tractor talks.

/ Initial attachments to get with new Kubota L3560LE? #5  
My property in the Texas hill country is rocky and hilly. My half-mile driveway is narrow, curvy and fairly steep in places.

How many acres comprise your land?

Of those total acres, how many acres will you operate your tractor over?

Will L2501 be your only tractor?

Last edited:
   / Initial attachments to get with new Kubota L3560LE?
My property in the Texas hill country is rocky and hilly. My half-mile driveway is narrow, curvy and fairly steep in places.

How many acres comprise your land?

Of those total acres, how many acres will you operate your tractor over?

Will L2501 be your only tractor?
The entire property is 75 acres -- it is a hunting property, so much of it is in deep ravines and hillsides that can only be accessed on foot. There is about 10 acres of flat land near the creek that has been mostly cleared. Most of my brush clearing activity will be along and near my ranch roads on along the hilltops -- I won't try to take a tractor (or even my Ranger) down the steep slopes. The L2501 will certainly be my first tractor.....it remains to be seen how long it will be my only tractor :)

/ Initial attachments to get with new Kubota L3560LE? #7  
I’d go with a Boxblade, it’s just more versatile. And, the Piranha bar works great, I highly recommend it.

Plus, if you need more power for your L2501…I have an answer to that;
9779DD45-D5C9-4816-9269-8ABE6D28C201.jpeg

It’ll be running 45-50HP.

Mike

/ Initial attachments to get with new Kubota L3560LE?
===== I assume you will order 4-WD =====​

There is only so much 25-horsepower can do.

"Loaded" rear tires are fine. Tractor center-of-gravity will be lower, improving stability. More weight in addition to loaded rear tires will not improve L2501 traction. You will optimize traction with loaded tires.

Removable rear blade is fine, by itself, should you wish to run over lawns without rutting them, with the blade off. You will need 'some' TPH counterbalance when using your grapple, supplementing loaded rear tires.

Forget wheel weights. Forget the ballast box. Whoa!

There is only so much rear weight rear wheel rims and an axle supplemented with wheel spacers will tolerate long term. A wider wheel stance usually means wider, therefore heavier implements. Your tractor warranty will be void from day one with non-Kubota wheel spacers installed.

BUY ENOUGH TRACTOR
If you want more 'grunt', consider a Kubota L3560, 1,000 pounds heavier than the L2501 with 35-horsepower. Adjustable rear wheel spread with R4 tires (by Kubota) is standard equipment.
Thank you for your insight.....Now you have me thinking about a L3560 since I like the idea of more weight and width. Since I don't expect to be heavy PTO user, and I like the simplicity of being under 26hp, can you suggest some other benefits of the L3560 over the L2501 in addition to the size that justifies the heftier price tag? Thanks.

/ Initial attachments to get with new Kubota L3560LE? #9  
^^^^
HST+ Transmission, more hill stability, lifting capacity, comfort, features…pretty much everything. L3560 is an incredible tractor!

Mike

/ Initial attachments to get with new Kubota L3560LE? #10  
You have me thinking about a L3560 since I like the idea of more weight and width. Can you suggest other benefits of the L3560 over the L2501 that justifies the heftier price tag? Thanks.

The L2501 is an economy tractor.

The L3560 is the lightest of Kubota's 'Grand L' series, all deluxe kit compact tractors. The axles are much beefier and protected from collisions by guards. The TPH is also much heavier and has telescoping Lower Links and telescoping, pin adjustable Lower Link stabilizers. TPH has additional adjustment modes and more adjustment increments within each mode. TPH raises via twin external hydraulic cylinders, which is smoother then L2501 rock shaft elevation. (These features make implement attachment relatively easy.) ((PTO connection remains exasperating.)) R4 tire spread adjustment standard. (Standard R4 tire spread is 60") (10-ply R4 front tires standard, 8-ply R4 rear tires standard.)
Grand Ls are very quiet, relative to standard L tractors. The operator's station is commodious. Mine has a suspension seat. Tilt steering wheel. Flat floor.

Ground level fueling.
Diesel consumption = 1/2 gph.

The HST/PLUS 3+3 range HST transmission, however, is the best feature on all the Grand Ls. Within HST/PLUS my favorite features are the additional range augmentation or 'step' on each of three HST ranges (3+3) and Stall Guard.

VIDEOS (1):

VIDEOS (2):

KUBOTA WEB SITE:
T-B-N ARCHIVE:
Kubota Grand L features site:tractorbynet.com

Attachments

• DSC00072.jpg
    DSC00072.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 485
  • DSC00382.jpg
    DSC00382.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 309