Installing a remote control to 12v hydraulic pump tilt bed trailer

/ Installing a remote control to 12v hydraulic pump tilt bed trailer #1  

Frank Sorbello

Gold Member
Tractor
Power Trac PT-422
I have a tilt bed trailer with a KTI 12v dc hydraulic pump. I purchased a remote control off of ebay but it is lacking instructions. The receiver has 4 wires with end terminals( One red, one black, one white and one yellow) and a green antenna. I am guessing the red wire is the positive, the black is negative.
Sure could use some help.

Thanks
Frank

/ Installing a remote control to 12v hydraulic pump tilt bed trailer #2  
MY trailer has a remote. I'll look and see how it's wired.

/ Installing a remote control to 12v hydraulic pump tilt bed trailer #3  
trailer remote 001.JPGtrailer remote 002.JPGMine has an antenna wire, ground wire, positive wire then two more wires. These two go first to a large "starter type" solenoid then to a smaller solenoid coil.
The "starter type solenoid" Has four terminals, two large and two small. Battery and power wire for remote connects to one large terminal. The other large terminal goes to motor for the hydraulic pump. The other two wires from the remote go to one small terminal and then "tee" off to a small solenoid coil. One wire goes to one coil the other goes to the other coil. Second wire from each small coil both go to the last small terminal, another wire from this terminal goes to ground.
My antenna wire is black. Ground wire is black, power wire is white and other two wires are green and yellow. Not sure which is up and down.

The wireless remote has two each of white, green and yellow wires. The extra of each color goes to the wired remote via about a ten foot cord.

/ Installing a remote control to 12v hydraulic pump tilt bed trailer #4  
You are going to have to figure out what type of pump it is for the proper wiring scheme.

I have seen
Power up Gravity down
Power up/down with relay for pump and solenoids for direction.
Power up/down with reversing pump

The Load Trail dump trailer that I have has to have the motor relay energized and direction solenoid energized at same time, so I will just have the remote power a 2 pole relay to makes things easy, plus I do not think the relays on the remote receiver board are heavy enough to drive the solenoids directly.

Some of the remote boards made for the dump trailers have a separate output for the motor relay, most of the cheap remote boards on ebay are made for winches without the separate motor control circuit. (sounds like yours is this)

David Kb7uns

/ Installing a remote control to 12v hydraulic pump tilt bed trailer #5  
Are you talking about a wired remote or wireless remote?

/ Installing a remote control to 12v hydraulic pump tilt bed trailer
It had both wired and wireless. Moisture got into the circuit board of the wireless receiver and is ruined. Yes it is a cheap one on ebay, was hoping it would work.

/ Installing a remote control to 12v hydraulic pump tilt bed trailer #7  
What I am doing with my trailer is putting 2 double pole relays in a box with one pole of each relay to power the motor relay and the other pole will do the direction solenoid on the valve body. I also have the wired pendent remote to use also for backup.

David Kb7uns

Dave,
Where are you finding the parts to do it? I would like to give it a try. I saw different boards and relays on ebay. Would like to learn more about it.
Thanks
Frank

I have the same remote receiver. I need to get the relay board. Can you share your wiring schematic?

Thanks
Frank