Intentional Food shortages?

/ Intentional Food shortages? #1  

jim_wilson

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota B3200 w/ BH77 & 12", 18" & 24" buckets, Kubota B50 SSQA w/ 54" & 60" buckets, LandPride FDR1660, Artillian Fork frame, Extreme 3pt rake, Concrete Mixer, MyTractorTools grapple adapter
A friend sent me this video - and there was no better place that I could think of to get a sense of whether there was anything to it or not - than Tractorbynet.

Number of people claiming that the government appears to be trying to cause intentional food shortages by paying farmers to destroy crops:

Is there anything to this - or is it BS?

/ Intentional Food shortages? #3  
I quickly went through the vid, but.. Did anyone actually show the letter demanding theis? I saw one USDA labeled envelope, but not the actual letter.

Destroy hundreds of acres with a zero-turn 'cause its better for the environment? LOL

/ Intentional Food shortages? #4  
I quickly went through the vid, but.. Did anyone actually show the letter demanding theis? I saw one USDA labeled envelope, but not the actual letter.

Destroy hundreds of acres with a zero-turn 'cause its better for the environment? LOL
No, never showed the letter....surprise, surprise. The crop management packet they showed was from 2018 and when contacted these people said it "was a joke". Cmon people, you're getting played.....

/ Intentional Food shortages?
I watched the video and wonder if people really believe this malarkey?

This has be vetted and debunked as BS:

Is the US Government Paying Farmers To Destroy Crops?

Well that's why I figured I would ask here. I know there's a bunch of guys here who actually are farmers.

My problem with stuff like what they're asserting in that video - is that the US Government HAS done this kind of thing before - during the Great Depression.

And given the general level of craziness lately - it's hard to know which is real and which isn't.

So I figured although I believe it's entirely possible that they might do something like that - I wanted to know if they actually ARE doing it.

And not for nothing - but Snopes is absolutely lousy place to verifying the truth of anything. They've been caught numerous times just outright lying about things to suit a political agenda.

I used to refer to Snopes - until I found out about these things. Now I just ignore what they say as just another level of propaganda.

/ Intentional Food shortages? #6  
Snopes actually contacted people in the video to debunk it.

/ Intentional Food shortages?
Snopes actually contacted people in the video to debunk it.

Well that's good I suppose for this particular thing , but I haven't used Snopes in years to validate anything. Once I found out they were playing political games I gave up completely on them.

In this day and age just saying " Snopes said that isn't true" is a really bad habit to get into. They'll burn you sooner or later.

/ Intentional Food shortages? #8  
[QUOTE="jim_wilson, post: 6084730, member:

My problem with stuff like what they're asserting in that video - is that the US Government HAS done this kind of thing before - during the Great Depression.[/QUOTE]

Cannot answer about now, but 100% true during the depression. There was a particularly infamous situation where the FDR administration had pigs and piglets killed and dumped. Even in the 30s, this upset people...especially those who were hungry.

I know this because I teach Social Studies...Econ and History. This is part of the curriculum for US History.

Sent from my SM-N975U using TractorByNet mobile app

/ Intentional Food shortages? #9