Interchangeable (Parts Compatibility) with Ford / John Deere / Kubota

/ Interchangeable (Parts Compatibility) with Ford / John Deere / Kubota #1  

Burbank_Barry

Tractor
ford 1710
Does anyone know if any Ford 1710 tractor engine parts are interchangeable with a John Deere or even a Kubota, and if so what models of John Deere or Kubota tractor are compatible with a Ford 1710 . I know the tractor was made in Japan and I believe the John Deere was also. I was curious if that engine and transmission may have also been used by other brands in their tractors. Some of the replacement parts for the 1710 are awfully expensive like a new exhaust manifold gasket costing $25.00 x 3 per gasket. A little bit outrageous I think, and due to the relative simplicity of the parts design and how closely it appears to resemble that of some of the other Tractor brand's comparable parts I was hoping that they were interchangeable. Another part I'm looking to replace that is also very expensive is the Air Filter which like the gasket seems as though it could be interchangeable. If any one knows if these or any other brands have interchangeable engine parts for a Ford 1710 please let me know,
Thanks Barry

Last edited:
   / Interchangeable (Parts Compatibility) with Ford / John Deere / Kubota #2  
Lots of different "exhaust manifold gasket material" available to make your own.

/ Interchangeable (Parts Compatibility) with Ford / John Deere / Kubota #3  
Although all three are of Japanese origin they are three different companies. Can you tell me what Ford automobile parts interchange with Chevrolet or Dodge? You are more likely to find interchangeability with external parts like starters, alternators, or fuel injectors.

/ Interchangeable (Parts Compatibility) with Ford / John Deere / Kubota #4  
I think the 1710 was built by Shibaura, don't think the parts would be any cheaper, if available.

/ Interchangeable (Parts Compatibility) with Ford / John Deere / Kubota #5  
I have to do what you are talking about with my tractor sometimes. It’s a 1983-84 model 254 international. Made by Mitsubishi with a K3E engine. Some parts are still available from Case/Ih. You need to find the make and model of your engine irregardless of the tractor name. The switches,electrical system and most of the hydraulics are somewhat universal for tractors of the same age and size. My hydraulic adapters for my rear remotes came from Hoye tractor they were made for yanmar.

/ Interchangeable (Parts Compatibility) with Ford / John Deere / Kubota #6  
There is parts compatibility problems even within a manufactures product line, hard to think that many items from different manufacturers would interchange...