Iron Worker/Iron Crafter and machinist type of help

/ Iron Worker/Iron Crafter and machinist type of help #1  

Code54

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota MX5100, Kubota BX25D,1957 Farmall Cub Lo-Boy Kubota KX91-3, BCS 853
Was working on cleaning my shop up and took a break only to find an Iron Crafter (Iron Worker) on Craigslist nearby. Long story short - shop still needing clean up and an Iron Worker now added to the stable of tools.

I generally know about them but could use some help. it is a 30 ton and seems to do anything Ill ever need but I am guessing I only know about 30% of its uses.

It has the shear and a bunch station and I got a bunch of extra tooling. One piece in particular has me baffled - I will attach the photo of it below. Sort of a half circle. Thing is it is small, maybe ス" - I was thinking a tube notcher but it is too little. Any guess what it is or what I do with it. I have a bunch of the round punches and a few rectangle type (3). I also think I can add a press break very easily and it came with a small version.

Also a T shaped thing - not sure what it is for. Then the big chance of metal with a slot out of it (Thinking it is just a spacer or something that was tossed in the box with the tooling perhaps) Photos - 1 of 6.jpegPhotos - 2 of 6.jpegPhotos - 3 of 6.jpegPhotos - 4 of 6.jpegPhotos - 5 of 6.jpegPhotos - 6 of 6.jpeg

Please take a look and any info, uses, or ideas would be appreciated. THANKS

/ Iron Worker/Iron Crafter and machinist type of help #2  
it looks like #2 and #3 are for making c-clips. that's the shape they would make. #4 and #5 look like jigs made for a certain job..

/ Iron Worker/Iron Crafter and machinist type of help #3  
Well worth delaying for that.

/ Iron Worker/Iron Crafter and machinist type of help #4  
If it didn't come with the manufacturers operation manual, I would try to find a free download on line.

KC

/ Iron Worker/Iron Crafter and machinist type of help
Been looking for a manual - found one for $55 and that seemed rather expensive so I am going to keep looking a bit more. I have a lot of info on it but no manual..... Thanks

Broke down and ordered it today. Always better to have it - you are correct.

Wondering if the curved die is a corner notcher?

/ Iron Worker/Iron Crafter and machinist type of help #7  
We had one of that brand at work, with all the goodies you have you should be able to form and punch for a lot of applications. That special die set looks a lot like a corner cutter we had to uniformly round off plate corners, saved a lot of time on the disc sander.
I've still got a couple of catalogs for dies and blades if that info hasn't migrated online yet.
PunchDies.jpg

Thanks again for the info!

Been suing it for a few weeks and it is a huge time saver and it working great. Still need to learn more but am enjoying using the machine.

/ Iron Worker/Iron Crafter and machinist type of help #9  
At work they had some old machines that were getting worn and loose. They ended up replacing them with piranha ironworkers.

/ Iron Worker/Iron Crafter and machinist type of help #10  
Have you tried a machinists' board? Amazing what several thousand job shop workers/owners have seen, done, and are willing to share.