Is a BCS 715 worth anything?

/ Is a BCS 715 worth anything? #1  

portajon

Tractor
JD 318 w/Onan
A neighbor is planning to put a BCS 715 on craigslist. Seems it has been sitting in the corner of his garage since the children left home 20 years ago.

I don't need another major project but I fancy the idea of having a rototiller.

Is this something I should consider, and at what price?

/ Is a BCS 715 worth anything? #2  
Value of this 715 would hinge on specifics as to the tractor itself, number of hours and condition. The 715 was made from 1974 - 1994 With a variety of engines and HP. Acme, Kohler & Briggs engines were sold on this tractor and some engines (the Acme?) could be hard to get parts for. No matter what the condition, I would not bet against it starting up right away with a little fresh gas (or diesel). If it starts I would definitely consider it if I needed a tiller.

/ Is a BCS 715 worth anything?
It is an Acme motor.

Leaves me torn between an opportunity and a project.

Thank you both for the guidance.

/ Is a BCS 715 worth anything? #5  
Earth tools has a direct bolt on Kohler that fits the old acme holes. I would jump on it, but best of luck!

Earth tools has a direct bolt on Kohler that fits the old acme holes.

That's good to know, but $550 + Shipping does not compare well against the listing of a "$700 Troy Bilt Rototiller in good condition with less than 10 hours on a new Briggs & Stratton Engine".

/ Is a BCS 715 worth anything? #7  
Troybilt versus BCS, I've owned them both (original Troybilt and BCS 720 and 850). BCS wins hands down. They are totally different animals.

Last edited:
I was asked to help move the 715 to the driveway. Wheels were locked in every gear position and would only move if gear stick positioned in middle of large gap between first and second notches. No markings on the transmission, motor would not turn over, clutch lever would not budge.