Is Rural Living a Hobby?

/ Is Rural Living a Hobby? #92  
One more plus for urban living.... I get along with 9 out of 10 of my neighbors. Smile, wave, talk over the fence, share garden produce, pick up the mail and paper when out of town, keep an eye on the place, help each other with yard work/snow removal, fishing partners, share a beer. One of my retired neighbors is a machinist. Helped me with many things over the years. His son is a carpenter. Gave me lots of good advice while building my garage. Complimented me on gutter and soffit repairs on the house. Made sure I was doing it right without me even knowing. :unsure: :)

/ Is Rural Living a Hobby? #93  
One more plus for urban living.... I get along with 9 out of 10 of my neighbors. Smile, wave, talk over the fence, share garden produce, pick up the mail and paper when out of town, keep an eye on the place, help each other with yard work/snow removal, fishing partners, share a beer.
I dunno, I know more of my neighbors here than I ever did in suburbia, and have only been here half as long.

/ Is Rural Living a Hobby? #95  
One more plus for urban living.... I get along with 9 out of 10 of my neighbors. Smile, wave, talk over the fence, share garden produce, pick up the mail and paper when out of town, keep an eye on the place, help each other with yard work/snow removal, fishing partners, share a beer. One of my retired neighbors is a machinist. Helped me with many things over the years. His son is a carpenter. Gave me lots of good advice while building my garage. Complimented me on gutter and soffit repairs on the house. Made sure I was doing it right without me even knowing. :unsure: :)
We want to know the story on number ten!

For me, at this stage of life rural living is just living. I barely have time to keep the place maintained, let alone do fun projects. That will change eventually and I do like being in the country, even though the city is rapidly encroaching.

/ Is Rural Living a Hobby? #96  
Interesting thread. I consider my place to be a lifelong hobby. I can't imagine not having something fun and exciting to do here. I love the planning, the prep work, and seeing it all come together. Every year, it gets better, but every year, I have more things to do then I did the last year. It's never ending, and I think that's the part I like the best. I would hate to not have anything to do, or dream about doing!!!

That sums it up perfectly for me. I like the dreaming and planning as well as the doing. Then one idea/project leads to another to another...

/ Is Rural Living a Hobby? #98  
If nobody wanted to live in the cities, and everyone wanted the rural lifestyle, then our rural life style would probably be ruined. Lets be glad that some (make that most) people like to live in the city.
I live a double edge life...Travel to work in the big cities sometimes 4 to 12 weeks at a time; LA, San Fran, San Diego, Phoenix, Dallas, Houston, Chicago, Philly, Boston, Atlanta, oh my. So when I come home to my Fortress Of Solitude in the boonies, my God, I eat the dirt for a treat... Thank You, Lord. 🙏