Is there a hierarchy in Chinese Tractors? Who's #1

/ Is there a hierarchy in Chinese Tractors? Who's #1 #1  

zogman

Silver Member
Tractor
Kama TS354C & Ferguson TO20
Is there a hierarchy in Chinese Tractors? Who\'s #1

I like the Kamas, specifically the 454 but the comparable Foton model have turned my head too. If anyone has any advise on what to look for I would be appreciative. I live in Lexington South Carolina and I can't seem to find any dealers near by so any info would be great.

Go Gamecocks! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif<font color="brown"> </font>

/ Is there a hierarchy in Chinese Tractors? Who's #1 #2  
Re: Is there a hierarchy in Chinese Tractors? Who\'s #1

After comparing options I'm going with KAMA. I chose the TS354C (35HP) with shuttle shift.

ARTRAC Company LLC, Providing affordable equipment from Knoxville, Arkansas to you!

KAMA TS354C 35hp 4 CYL, 4 wheel drive
Image05.jpg

KAMA KM554, 50hp 4 CYL, 4 wheel drive
Image003.jpg

KAMA Specs

<font color="blue"> </font>

Warranty

/ Is there a hierarchy in Chinese Tractors? Who's #1 #3  

Dang Chip,is this guy on your payroll,just kidding Artrac is a great company and Chip takes good care of his customers

Tommy
Affordable Tractor Sales

/ Is there a hierarchy in Chinese Tractors? Who's #1 #4  

I got the KAMA 454 from Artrac. Both the tractor and Chip are number one in my book.

Just remember, China tractors will require some wrench time.

Patrick

/ Is there a hierarchy in Chinese Tractors? Who's #1

<font color="blue"> </font> Thanks for the response Paddy,
You bought your KAMA from ARTRAC which is known for getting the kinks out for you, this is why they are also known as the best dealer around. With that being said, what kind of wrench time have you had? I am very mechanically inclined but don't want something I have work on more than I ride (I have an antique Ferguson TO20 for that). Also does the 454 do everything you want or do you wish you would have bought the 554?

/ Is there a hierarchy in Chinese Tractors? Who's #1 #6  

I talked to Chip a short time back about a 454, he told me they are not being imported right now,(my luck) I think because of EPA not sure though. The 554 sure is nice and a good price. I have been kicking the 554 around myself.
The Fotons sold by Rural King are assembled in the factory in China and shipped as a whole machine, so it leaves very little for Rural king to screw up. The guy who wrenches in the Wooster Ohio store knows the machines pretty good, I was there and talked to him for about 1 hour. The only slight draw back I see in the FT 404 rural king sell is no rear wheel weights, one would have to buy them seperate.
Jim

/ Is there a hierarchy in Chinese Tractors? Who's #1 #7  

The factory has stopped producing the 3 cylinder engine used in the KM454. They continue to produce the 4 cylinder version used in the KM554. These engines share the same bore& stroke and many parts are the same (valves, pistons, etc.).

The TS354C and TS254C are now available with EPA approved engines so these models should continue to be available for quite some time. Imports of the KM554 will stop at the end of this year when the TPEM program for 25HP and up tractors expires. So far the Y385 and YD485 engines from Yangdong, and the TY395 from Jaingsu Jaingdong are the only EPA approved engines that I am aware of (and have seen EPA certificates for). Some of the bigger Foton use a perkins engines which I'm told is EPA approved. Some of the Chinese are investigating Korean engines (Daedong/Kioti) but the cost of the tractor will increase substantially.

If you want a KM series KAMA, the time to order is now.

Oh, by the way, the Farm Pro 40hp includes 4 wheel weights on each rear tire, but the price is a bit higher than I have seen rural king advertise. Farm Pro offers a 2 year warranty though.

/ Is there a hierarchy in Chinese Tractors? Who's #1 #8  

Zogman,

I had a fuel line break because it was too shart a turn. Greg G and Chip taught me how to bleed the lines and was up running in a day.

A power steering lines leaks a few drops a day. It's not bad enough to have even messed with it.

Paint is a little thin under the hood and fenders.

I had a TO-20 as well. The 454 is more tractor than I needed but I thought I would rather go on the big side and not have to push it too hard.

If you get a FEL, go for the Koyker 195. It's real beefy like the KAMA.

Patrick

Thanks again Paddy, Your post makes me feel better.
The 454 is a substantial improvement to the TO20 huh?

How expensive would it be to ship a 454 or 554 to Columbia SC ? I think the drive might kill me!