Is there a new grease shortage around the corner??????

/ Is there a new grease shortage around the corner?????? #21  
Being a Michigander like I am, I'm sure you are acutely aware of the issue we are having with well contamination up north. Should be outlawed across the country in fire suppression
Absolutely. Any airport or firefighting training center has almost assuredly put these chemicals into the local water table. Sad that people are only still finding these contaminants now, after decades of exposure drinking well water.

But it doesn't stop there. Any clothing or shoes made with "waterpoofing". Any "non-stick" freezer paper, food wrappers, etc. Any chrome plating shop (IE much of the auto industry down here in the southeast corner). All of these manufacturers have been dumping their waste or flushing it right into the sewer (usually discharged to rivers still ABOVE municipal drinking water intakes).

Sh*t, the latest report from Michigan is that PFAS/PFOS can be detected in rain drops. Even in the pristine Sleeping Bear dunes, where all the air and weather is coming across lake Michigan from Wisconsin.

Not to mention microplastics..... we're doomed.

/ Is there a new grease shortage around the corner??????
.....and then some. The loss of the building, clean-up costs, fines, legal issues, loss of production, loss of personnel, cost of establishing a new home office, etc, etc, etc. Quite the nightmare for many people for a long time.
The long term effects will be the environment! Chemtool should never have been allowed to open this facility until all the concerns where met & addressed by the residents & not to mention the blatant violations that where going on by the previous operator of this facility!& this will have a affect the supply chain & prices & it might not affect those who buy in bulk in the short term , But long term you will pay more & again the consumer will pay for all this in long run. After all the squeaky wheel must be greased.

/ Is there a new grease shortage around the corner?????? #23  
Absolutely. Any airport or firefighting training center has almost assuredly put these chemicals into the local water table. Sad that people are only still finding these contaminants now, after decades of exposure drinking well water.

But it doesn't stop there. Any clothing or shoes made with "waterpoofing". Any "non-stick" freezer paper, food wrappers, etc. Any chrome plating shop (IE much of the auto industry down here in the southeast corner). All of these manufacturers have been dumping their waste or flushing it right into the sewer (usually discharged to rivers still ABOVE municipal drinking water intakes).

Sh*t, the latest report from Michigan is that PFAS/PFOS can be detected in rain drops. Even in the pristine Sleeping Bear dunes, where all the air and weather is coming across lake Michigan from Wisconsin.

Not to mention microplastics..... we're doomed.

AND, people THINK Sea Salt as an ingredient is HEALTHY added to organic foods. BS !!!! Sea Salt pulls all of the toxins to it and even the MICRO-PLASICTS. So much for the organic foods that use it !!!!

When I see a food package that boldly states it has Sea Salt, it goes back on the store shelf for some other liberal tree hugging newbie.

For drinking water, get a Big Berkey. This way you will last longer than being doomed.
Independent laboratory testing results of popular gravity water filters - WaterFilterLabs.com

The Berkey even removes 100% of the nasty Glyphosate.

/ Is there a new grease shortage around the corner?????? #24  
(IE much of the auto industry down here in the southeast corner). All of these manufacturers have been dumping their waste or flushing it right into the sewer (usually discharged to rivers still ABOVE municipal drinking water intakes).
Where I reside as well. I'm in Deerfield Township Just east of the Lenawee County line....

If you really want to see a mess (if you can get in that is), take a gander at the containment lagoons at the old, now closed Ford plant in Monroe, Michigan, on the banks of lake Erie. Fords closed the plant and converted it to a parts depot, but decades of producing chrome auto parts has left the lagoons loaded with heavy metals and who knows what else and who really knows how much went down the drain into the lake.

Been pumping them (haz-mat) for years and it's still screwed up. I used to deliver there and the road to the steel delivery bay went around the back of the plant, right by the lagoons and every tome I delivered, there was at least a couple vacuum trucks there, sucking sludge.

/ Is there a new grease shortage around the corner?????? #25  
Will the huge plant fire in Northern IL. affect prices & supplies of grease cartridges for your grease guns :unsure:? This is the largest producer in the USA.
I use TRC (Texas Refinery Corp) from Ft Worth, Tx. Very good stuff - that stays right where you put it !! Been in business since 1921 (or 1922). Grease, oil, anything to do with oil . . . . . . .

Where I reside as well. I'm in Deerfield Township Just east of the Lenawee County line....

If you really want to see a mess (if you can get in that is), take a gander at the containment lagoons at the old, now closed Ford plant in Monroe, Michigan, on the banks of lake Erie. Fords closed the plant and converted it to a parts depot, but decades of producing chrome auto parts has left the lagoons loaded with heavy metals and who knows what else and who really knows how much went down the drain into the lake.

Been pumping them (haz-mat) for years and it's still screwed up. I used to deliver there and the road to the steel delivery bay went around the back of the plant, right by the lagoons and every tome I delivered, there was at least a couple vacuum trucks there, sucking sludge.
Not saying this makes it any better :unsure: ! But at least we are not where we where 50 years ago & not living in the biggest polluter on the planet, or the 2nd most & look at some of biggest man made disasters in the former USSR & China is no.1 & India 2nd.

/ Is there a new grease shortage around the corner?????? #27  
From what I read, China has no intention of reducing their pollution. They consider themselves a 'developing nation'... What a crock.

I use TRC (Texas Refinery Corp) from Ft Worth, Tx. Very good stuff - that stays right where you put it !! Been in business since 1921 (or 1922). Grease, oil, anything to do with oil . . . . . . .
Hey manzer7! Welcome to TBN, I just hope they can manage the increased demand , & hopefully it will be regional shortage & it's not like a off on switch,& there is the question of logistics.

/ Is there a new grease shortage around the corner?????? #29  
Chinma needs to be banned from planet earth!

From what I read, China has no intention of reducing their pollution. They consider themselves a 'developing nation'... What a crock.
Yep ! & they're doing it with stolen technology from the US & other countries & China doesn't give a :poop::poop::poop::poop:!!!!.