ISEKI TE4270 PTO Clutch

/ ISEKI TE4270 PTO Clutch #1  

loopman

Bronze Member
Tractor
Iseki 4270, David Brown 990. Ford 4500, John Deere STX38, BHB Bobcat
Hi all,

Well a bit of a rookie mistake here, I bought a "bargain" - a 4WD TE4270, was a great little machine for a while but then had issues with the PTO operation. It has the hydro-electric PTO clutch that you can turn on/off with the flick of a switch. At first, this started failing to disengage, which was a bit of a concern but didn;t affect using the machine too much. Unfortunatley now the PTO won't engage with any power. That is, flick the switch and the slasher will VERY slowly spool up, but as soon as you enter grass the rotation stops.

I checked the spool valve in the controller and everything seemed to be working there, so drained the transmission fluid -> Problem 1 = fluid was very milky looking so assuming it must have been full of water ? (Yes I know I should have changed it as soon as I purchased the machine :thumbdown: )

So I then dropped the hydraulic filter off -> Problem 2 = it was full of small pieces of black material, I am assuming that this may be the friction material off the PTO clutch plates?

I am about to split the tractor and determine if this is the case, but getting parts for this model is impossible in Australia (other than filters, fan belts and transmission clutch), I believe it may have been a grey import.

What do you guys think about my reasoning for the lack of proper PTO operation?

Do you think it would be possible to get the clutch plates relined since parts are not available - i.e. if I took it into an automotive brake&clutch shop, or is there access to materials for me to do it myself??

Any thoughts appreciated, it is a great little tractor apart from this probelm which unfortunately makes it pretty much useless.

Thank you.

/ ISEKI TE4270 PTO Clutch
Photo of old oil and of filter.

IMG_5608.JPGIMG_5610.JPG

/ ISEKI TE4270 PTO Clutch #3  
Send to me your email , I have a parts catalog Iseki TE 4270

/ ISEKI TE4270 PTO Clutch #4  
hello iseki, i am searching for parts for my bolens g274, and was wondering if i could get a copy of that parts catalog you have? i am in search of all front drive shaft components, and i believe part numbers may help me immensely.

/ ISEKI TE4270 PTO Clutch #6  
Hi all,

Well a bit of a rookie mistake here, I bought a "bargain" - a 4WD TE4270, was a great little machine for a while but then had issues with the PTO operation. It has the hydro-electric PTO clutch that you can turn on/off with the flick of a switch. At first, this started failing to disengage, which was a bit of a concern but didn;t affect using the machine too much. Unfortunatley now the PTO won't engage with any power. That is, flick the switch and the slasher will VERY slowly spool up, but as soon as you enter grass the rotation stops.

I checked the spool valve in the controller and everything seemed to be working there, so drained the transmission fluid -> Problem 1 = fluid was very milky looking so assuming it must have been full of water ? (Yes I know I should have changed it as soon as I purchased the machine 👎 )

So I then dropped the hydraulic filter off -> Problem 2 = it was full of small pieces of black material, I am assuming that this may be the friction material off the PTO clutch plates?

I am about to split the tractor and determine if this is the case, but getting parts for this model is impossible in Australia (other than filters, fan belts and transmission clutch), I believe it may have been a grey import.

What do you guys think about my reasoning for the lack of proper PTO operation?

Do you think it would be possible to get the clutch plates relined since parts are not available - i.e. if I took it into an automotive brake&clutch shop, or is there access to materials for me to do it myself??

Any thoughts appreciated, it is a great little tractor apart from this probelm which unfortunately makes it pretty much useless.

Thank you.
Hi Loopman, did you get this sorted

/ ISEKI TE4270 PTO Clutch #7  
I can supply the pto clutch plates

/ ISEKI TE4270 PTO Clutch #8  
I can supply the pto clutch plates
Hey mate. Are you still able to supply these pto clutch plates? I’m having trouble locating a supplier. Cheers Ben

/ ISEKI TE4270 PTO Clutch #9  
Yes I can supply the plates & spacers. Email me.