Iseki TU 185 Hour meter

/ Iseki TU 185 Hour meter #1  
Tractor
Iseki 185
Hi and Happy New Year,
I am seeking advice. I replaced the hour meter cable ( Iseki 185 Land Hope but now it seems to be slipping and not working. So I need to replace the unit in the dash board where the hour meter cable connects to the taco meter. My question is do I need to replace the entire dash board or the speedometer unit.

Kind Regards
Martin
Ireland

/ Iseki TU 185 Hour meter #2  
Start with the cheap stuff. Be sure the tachometer / hour meter cable is lubricated. Be sure it is pushed all the way into the connectors at both ends. Be sure the retaining nuts on both ends are not cross threaded and turn down until they bottom out fully. I've learned from experience those cables aren't always seated even if you think they are.

/ Iseki TU 185 Hour meter
Hi
Thanks for that will try that today and will let you know how I get on. But in case it does not work what do I replace on the dash board.
Thanks again
Martin

/ Iseki TU 185 Hour meter #4  
I don't know Iseki at all. If the hour meter / tachometer can be removed as a single unit it can be replaced - for a price. There are also places which will rebuild them. I'm assuming it's mechanical as you have a cable. These units rarely fail but it's not unheard of.

/ Iseki TU 185 Hour meter
Hi Well I did as you said and lubricated the tachometer with a spray of WD40 before I connected it and left it running for an hour and yes it worked.
So thanks Roadworthy
Martin
Ireland