Israeli Bandages

/ Israeli Bandages #1  

RSKY

Veteran Member
Kentucky, West of the Lakes, South of Possum Trot.
Tractor
Kioti CK20S
I have read several times about the bandages developed in Israel for treatment of open wounds. They supposedly are treated with something that instantly stops bleeding. Does anybody have any experience with these? Would they be something worth buying and putting in my vehicles and in the homes where my rambunctious grandkids live?

RSKY

/ Israeli Bandages #2  
Probably not something the average homeowner needs

The Emergency Bandage or Israeli bandage is a specially designed, first-aid device that is used to stop bleeding from hemorrhagic wounds caused by traumatic injuries in pre-hospital emergency situations.[1][2] First used for saving lives during a NATO peacekeeping operation in Bosnia and Herzegovina, the bandage was successfully used during operations Enduring Freedom and Iraqi Freedom

/ Israeli Bandages #3  
Seems like they would be ideal for the chainsaw injury.

/ Israeli Bandages #4  
Seems like they would be ideal for the chainsaw injury.

You may be onto something, probably order some. Since I cant do anything without getting a cut of some kind.

thumb1.jpg

/ Israeli Bandages #5  
They are nice devices. They are compression bandages. Good for a gunshot wound to a limb. Not good for a nose bleed. I'm not sure how small they come. The ones we use are about 3" wide, so not useful for a finger.

/ Israeli Bandages #6  
I carry a tourniquet and one of these BleedStop in the pouch of my chaps. My first aid kit also has a couple vials of that same "bleed stop".

/ Israeli Bandages #7  
imagine that, after posting, this Israeli Bandage is what appeared on the top of my screen.

/ Israeli Bandages #8  
there is a product called Celox (sp?). Its granules that help with clotting. I think its only for severe trauma though.

/ Israeli Bandages #9  
If you carry a trauma kit, you should have
1) Emergency Bandage 6" - or israeli bandage
1) Celox Rapid Z-Fold or Combat Gauze
1) CAT Tourniquet / SOFT-T
2) North American Chest Seals - Vented
1) Trauma Shears
1) 28 NPA with lube
4) Non-Latex gloves - 2 pair

Israeli Bandage Dressing 6" - FCP-2
Medical Gear Outfitters

This guy is great, has a bunch of videos on what you should have and why...most importantly how to use them. Although there is no substitute for an actual training class.

SkinnyMedic
- YouTube

/ Israeli Bandages #10  
When I was growing up & trimming cow horns, we'd take a broom and sweep the rafters for cobwebs if one got cut a little too tight and was a squirtter.

Internet say sticky spider webs were used for centuries as a gauze, coagulant.
Probably not that hygienic though.
Might be able to use cobwebs for the grandkids, but maybe don't use them on the favorite one. :D

Last edited: