It is already getting dry where I am. How about you?

/ It is already getting dry where I am. How about you? #1  

riptides

Tractor
Kubota ZTR, RTV, MX6000
Incredible as it may seem, we seem to be in a serious dry spell. In my neck of the woods in Northern VA.

I was dressing up my back pasture with the bush hog last night. I actually made a round trip through some areas of low ground that are normally mud bogs in the spring. I use to cut them in mid-summer or avoid them all together. Not yesterday. Seems even the creek is down by about 12 inches already.

And I thought we would have a good hay season.

No rain predicted for another 5-7 days.

/ It is already getting dry where I am. How about you? #2  
It seems to be a pattern almost everywhere. My lake is down to the point my dock is completely out of the water, and a pond I had on another part of my property is bone dry. Couple that with several nasty brush fires in the area and it ain't pretty.

/ It is already getting dry where I am. How about you? #3  
We've had brush fire warnings since Saturday last...dry, low humidity and brisk winds.
There have been a few brush fires...nothing major so far (knock on wood!!).

/ It is already getting dry where I am. How about you? #4  
It's very dry. I have never seen it this bad in April. Took a walk through the hay fields yesterday and everything was actually dusty. In NH all the crops are a month early and we desperately need rain.

/ It is already getting dry where I am. How about you? #5  
Dry here too. It was a mild winter which is usually rough on the laneway, but being so dry things held up fine.
Fire ban is on for some time now. Water level has dropped since ice out.
I planted grass last week, so I'm hoping for an April shower.

/ It is already getting dry where I am. How about you? #6  
I have a spring on the back of my land .I cut it in August or Sept. in most years but I did it this weekend. Grass is high and ground dry.

/ It is already getting dry where I am. How about you? #7  
The weather forecast this morning stated that we are below average in rainfall. There has been a "no burning" warning for at least 2 weeks. My neighbor, who boards and trains horses, told me that he tilled his outdoor arena yesterday because the surface was "rock hard". Pond and creek levels seem to be fairly normal. High of 72 degrees predicted today with 15-20 mile winds. Cold front is on its way with 38 degrees tonight and 34 the following night. Hopefully it doesn't get as dry this summer as it was last year. Best wishes for all TBN members.

/ It is already getting dry where I am. How about you? #8  
I am pretty close to Tig, and yes it's crazy dry. River is low, ponds are down, plants are about 3 weeks ahead of normal.

/ It is already getting dry where I am. How about you? #9  
You folks in the east and midwest seem to get the storms, but not the usual rainfall. In Texas around the DFW area, all lake levels have recovered and some lakes are above average. My property is very wet in the low areas, but dry in the high areas because the last few rains have missed us. Overall, this has been a very wet winter and seems to be continuing that way into the spring. We really need a good year after last year's drought, but most everyone has seen the news of how our tornado activity and hail storms have peaked lately. That's sure not good.:(

/ It is already getting dry where I am. How about you? #10  
Very dry here in the northern Mitten state.

Desperately need rain. It got way too warm, way too early and sucked all of winter's moisture out too soon.