It's official, homes are like ammo

/ It's official, homes are like ammo #61  
Well - you really only need a bed, chair and table. Anything more is excess!
MoKelly
There was a time when the floor was my bed with a sleeping bag for a mattress. A chair served as my table, and I sat on a 5 gallon bucket. That lasted about a day before I went out and bought furniture.

/ It's official, homes are like ammo
Well - you really only need a bed, chair and table. Anything more is excess!
MoKelly
Have to laugh, couple of months ago got some old videos turned to DVD for memories.

For 15 years being sigle and on the move, never owned a bed frame/bed, table or TV.

Did own a chair, that blue folding one that I took camping with me.

Boats, bikes and guitars, I was more than happy. Looking back without being married, I lived like a slob LOL

Company would pay me a couple of grand for moving expenses and I could load everything in my truck and car, and haul the car with the truck which would cost me a couple hundred of bucks. Life was simple back then LOL

J1.png

J3.png

Some girls were never impressed with my lifestyle if they ever came over, but didn't really care.

For some reason, when I started living with girls for roomates (who I'd pay rent to), I'd be a little neater. Go figure.

Last edited:
   / It's official, homes are like ammo #63  
Ahhh, an old Creek 280 and Riot Disco? Hammer? You still kayak? I live in Chattanooga, moved here in 98 to be a kayaker. Worked for NOC for many years.

/ It's official, homes are like ammo #64  
My first company paid relocation the commercial movers fit everything I owned except the sofa in the cab-over cubby hole of a 26 ft truck. Pretty sad to see that.

Last edited:
   / It's official, homes are like ammo #65  
It's a combination of things.

- record low mortgage rates.
- work from home is now very possible for many.
- many people are cashing in on the increased value in their current homes to upgrade/change to a different home.
- many people are retiring.

Case in point:
I have a sibling that is recently retired and not in good physical health. They can no longer do yard work or even moderate home upkeep. So they have to pay someone to do it. So, they put their home on the market and hope to move into a condo, where they do the upkeep for you.

House got offers within hours and a bidding war erupted. They got way more than they'd asked for, can stay in it free for a month longer, with very reasonable monthly rent until they find a condo. No deadline to get out! Wow!

So now the hunt for an available condo. Guess what? Every condo that comes up for sale gets sold the same day. Brutal.

This is the Indianapolis area, by the way.

Don’t forget record high construction costs because of materials shortages. When it costs a fortune to build, existing inventory becomes more valuable.

/ It's official, homes are like ammo #66  
How many homeowners will be ‘underwater’ on their mortgages once again like 10 years ago when the market settles back down? I hope lenders aren’t being as greedy and stupid as before when if you could fog up a mirror you could get a 100% loan.

/ It's official, homes are like ammo
Ahhh, an old Creek 280 and Riot Disco? Hammer? You still kayak? I live in Chattanooga, moved here in 98 to be a kayaker. Worked for NOC for many years.
Disco. The disco and creek boat along with a Hurricane are still up at my buddies garage in WV. Have a Wave Sport EZ still under the shed here at my home. Use to be a video and safety boater for my "fun job" after I had a real job. Other part time job was running Pyranah boats to WV and smuggling American boats into Canada to sell at rodeos (border checkpoint never caught on that I had 5 boats coming into Canada but only one boat leaving LOL)

Last time I paddled was about 10 years ago on the upper gauley. Summer run, unannounced damn release, only 3 of us on the river the whole day. Next week, found out I needed a shoulder replacement, and haven't paddled since. That said, I was married at the time and the house and land were taking most of my funtime away. My future wife could drive my 5 speed truck and didn't have a problem running shuttle for me, so how couldn't I marry her at the time? 😁

When I first moved to NC drove to check out the Tenn scene, and would spend the day at hell hole playing, as the guys who originally got me into paddling talked about how great the Ocoee. Back then, you also didn't have as many rafts to worry about LOL.

/ It's official, homes are like ammo #68  
Nice! I am sure we have probably paddled with some of the same people at some point. Yeah I don't kayak nearly as much as I did back in the day, I actually didn't kayak at all last year. My 9 yo really likes rafting so most of our river time is in the raft. Hope to get in a hard boat sometime this year.

/ It's official, homes are like ammo #69  
It's a combination of things.

- record low mortgage rates.
- work from home is now very possible for many.
- many people are cashing in on the increased value in their current homes to upgrade/change to a different home.
- many people are retiring.

Case in point:
I have a sibling that is recently retired and not in good physical health. They can no longer do yard work or even moderate home upkeep. So they have to pay someone to do it. So, they put their home on the market and hope to move into a condo, where they do the upkeep for you.

House got offers within hours and a bidding war erupted. They got way more than they'd asked for, can stay in it free for a month longer, with very reasonable monthly rent until they find a condo. No deadline to get out! Wow!

So now the hunt for an available condo. Guess what? Every condo that comes up for sale gets sold the same day. Brutal.

This is the Indianapolis area, by the way.
Why do I think that the bulk of them will be ARM's and not fixed rate? Once inflation kicks in and the ARM rate starts climbing, there will be a ton of foreclosures. People cannot afford to deal with fluctuatiing interest rates (higher).

/ It's official, homes are like ammo #70  

It's official, homes are like ammo​

Don't apply here. I have plenty and plenty of components too. Just sold off some excess powder and 1000 .223's. Made out like a bandit btw. Example, 8 pound unopened jug of Varget, bought for 135 bucks, sold for 400 cash. .223's, 55 grain H spire points boat tails, $95 cents a pop. Just sold 1000 the other day.

Not short of anything. Bricks of primers too, all Federal and CCI. 22's for my squirrel gun, 5 bricks. .17 HMR's, 20 boxes, just an example.