JD 4300 hood latch rod and spring

/ JD 4300 hood latch rod and spring #1  

TCM3

Tractor
Kubota M6800
greetings

i removed the radiator off a 4300 for a neighbor and he's going to take it for repair sometime.... anyway as soon as i removed the plate that the hood latch is attached to, the rod and spring went flying out... i have no clue how to put it back on. any help is appreciated.

1625669752090.png

Last edited:
   / JD 4300 hood latch rod and spring #2  
Here is an image from the parts web site for my 4310. I imagine they are the same latch.
hood-latch.jpg

For future reference: This is better placed in the general JD ownership area. I don't think a 4300 qualifies as an AG tractor. Also a beter title description like 4300 Hood Latch might get more targeted results. Not trying to bust your chops. Just a helpful hint.

/ JD 4300 hood latch rod and spring
Yeah, i guess what i really need is a picture of how it is configured and what it looks like installed on the tractor..

Last edited:
   / JD 4300 hood latch rod and spring #4  
The rod is the push button to unlatch the hood latch. It is hidden so cannot just take a pic of it but will look when there is a reason to drop the FEL, the front guard, and the front screen that exposes the battery and oil cooler/radiator.

Thinking it will be apparent when reassembling as the spring just puts pressure on the push button.

Pictures from you of the parts laid out would help someone give some pointers. Hope you can do that for us.

/ JD 4300 hood latch rod and spring #5  
He posted over on GTT that he figured it out.