Backhoe JD 49 Backhoe On A 4600 Tractor?

/ JD 49 Backhoe On A 4600 Tractor? #1  

quadridermx

Tractor
Kubota L2500
Hello, I apologize if this has already been asked and covered, but I spent over an hour searching and couldn't find an answer.

I recently acquired a JD 4600hst 4x4 tractor and absolutely love it. I have been looking in the realm of very small 3 point hitch backhoes for some landscaping around my property, but am definitely weary of a 3ph hoe.

A very nice, low hour 49 series backhoe just came up for sale locally and I can get a tremendous price on it. It comes with a subframe for a 5200 tractor. My operator manual lists the 47 and 48 backhoes as the only backhoes for a 4600 tractor.

I realize the 49 backhoe is designed for the 5000 series tractors, but would it be a decent fit for a 4600? I already have a power beyond kit on the tractor.

Both my wife and her father are boilermakers/welders, so I know we could *make* it fit. But would that be a bad idea...?

Anyone have any idea what the weight difference is between a 48 and 49 hoe? I couldn't find weight specs for them.

Any help is appreciated! Thank you

/ JD 49 Backhoe On A 4600 Tractor? #2  
I would think the backhoe subframe with the aid of a cutting torch/welder could be modified to fit most any utility tractor.

/ JD 49 Backhoe On A 4600 Tractor? #3  
A JD 110tlb is based off of the 4600 tractor and has a 10' hoe. As long as you set up the frame mounting correctly you should be able to make this work. In your case with experienced welders I say go for it.

/ JD 49 Backhoe On A 4600 Tractor?
That's what I was hoping to hear. The tractor is beefy enough to hand it. Thanks!