JD 5425 Sometimes has a slow 3 point

/ JD 5425 Sometimes has a slow 3 point #1  

RancherGuy

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L3710; JD 5425, 6105R, 7130-P; IH 1086
I have had my JD 5425 for several years. In the beginning (it was a used tractor), all was well. However the 3 point started acting up. Once unwanted behavior started, they continued. Here are some notes but I don't know if they are related.

1) When I use the 'slow' up/down buttons on the rear fender, I would note that afterwards the hitch would move exceedingly slow when using the interior up/down control lever. The slow behavior disappeared and speed recovered to normal after a few minutes of general tractor use.
2) Once I stopped using the rear fender buttons for good, the hitch speed never went into the 'slow' mode when using the interior control.
3) During a span of a few months, sometimes I would set the hitch height with the interior control. I went outside to mess with the rear attachment and the hitch would "jump" a few inches as though it was trying to make a height correction. This has stopped misbehaving for several months now.

What should I do? My gut feeling is that there is a sensor problem. I have noted there appears to be a position sensor in the rear associated with the 3 point arms: RE243766. Could this or some other sensor with a glitch be causing the problems?

/ JD 5425 Sometimes has a slow 3 point
I'm still looking for an answer if you know of one. Until then, I never use the rear fender buttons - only the interior control.

/ JD 5425 Sometimes has a slow 3 point
UPDATE

The problems associated with the 3 point continued to get worse. When I replaced the position sensor, behavior returned to normal. For the tractor, that sensor is next to the rockshaft.