JD 6105 rear panel removal seems impossible

/ JD 6105 rear panel removal seems impossible #1  

RancherGuy

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L3710; JD 5425, 6105R, 7130-P; IH 1086
In my 6105, there is an interior panel behind the seat that I need to remove. I am stumped - I cannot remove it.

Two lower screws are out and the panel can pull out (tilt up) at the bottom, but the top seems like it could be designed like a barb - push in to catch, but can't pull out. Even expecting this, it is very tight and I can't get one edge started to see if my concept is correct:

Parts - Rear panel behind seat.jpg

Has anyone removed this panel? The JD Repair manual does not explain how. Can you provide me with a tip?

/ JD 6105 rear panel removal seems impossible #2  
Maybe your dealer has that panel in stock in parts and seeing it would tell you how it comes out???

/ JD 6105 rear panel removal seems impossible #3  
Walk around to the back of the tractor with the window open. in the black frame you should find some screws with phillips heads I believe. I think there are only 2. The screw from outside and screw into the upholstery panel.

/ JD 6105 rear panel removal seems impossible
Walk around to the back of the tractor with the window open. in the black frame you should find some screws with phillips heads I believe. I think there are only 2. The screw from outside and screw into the upholstery panel.
Will do. I have seen the two screws you mention and thought the plastic extended down behind the SCVs and had other fasteners, so for some reason dismissed that as an option, believing I should not have to bother with the exterior for an interior part. Great tip.