JD 7 loader mystery part

/ JD 7 loader mystery part #1  

rly

Tractor
John Deere 755 loader backhoe
We bought a 755 with loader with 80 hours on it from a rental yard ages ago. The chrome pistons are starting to touch a part on the loader when the bucket is in full dump position. I don't see this part on any other 7/7A loader photos. They are steel tubes welded the the loader that look 'factory'. There is one on each side. and one could insert a long rod that would go through both. My only guess is that they are a custom order thing by rental agencies for use with an attachment? The chrome pistons have always been close to hitting them, but with a little wear on the tractor that are starting to actually hit, so I have dished out the tops with a rt angle grinder so they won't hit before the bucket hits the normal stops. Any advice appreciated.

mystery barrels.jpg

/ JD 7 loader mystery part #2  
My 770 with 70 loader does not have the little tubes, but the rods will hit the rectangular steel stops and bend a little at full dump. I try not to dump all the way. Do the tubes and the holes drilled into the bucket bracket align when curled back? I wonder if its a way to lock the bucket?

/ JD 7 loader mystery part #3  
If you aren't using them for anything I would install a cutoff disc on my angle grinder and carefully remove them. Paint the grinding marks and then blow a bit of dust on the fresh paint till you reach the right shade of green.

/ JD 7 loader mystery part
Ah, Good eye! I didn't notice that the holes in the might line up with the tubes. I'll check. I guess that would allow the bucket to be locked in place, but oddly unique to our loader.

/ JD 7 loader mystery part #5  
JDParts shows the tube only on the first booms, all subsequent replacements don't show them
Screen Shot 2021-03-23 at 8.53.13 PM.png

I think I see one in 21A, with pin 7 going through it?

/ JD 7 loader mystery part #7  
correct, they show two pins for it, I have to agree with it's to lock the bucket, not sure why, maybe to keep the curl cylinder from leaking down when loader is off?

Thanks for the diagram. Mystery solved. And my guess is that it was just too close to the chrome so they removed it from the design.

/ JD 7 loader mystery part #9  
correct, they show two pins for it, I have to agree with it's to lock the bucket, not sure why, maybe to keep the curl cylinder from leaking down when loader is off?
Or years ago most tractors didn't come with a joy stick. The loader was operated with the rear remotes. If you could lock the bucket up then you could use that rear remote for something else with out being concerned that the bucket would slowly creep down.