JD X380 vs X570 new purchase?

/ JD X380 vs X570 new purchase? #1  

jcbflogal

Tractor
None-Looking to buy.
Hi all...I am looking to buy a new tractor to replace my John Deere Sabre 22 hp with 54 inch deck that lasted 20 years. I have three acres to mow with plenty or trees and a moderate hill to climb. I used my Sabre to pull a lawn roller (550 lbs), pull my roll in dock in and out of my lake (500 lbs.), and haul stuff under 400 lbs. with my utility trailer. I'm trying to decide between the John Deere X380 vs the x570. There's about a $2000 difference. Any thoughts/ advice is appreciated. There are no used models out there. Thx!

/ JD X380 vs X570 new purchase? #2  
Both are nice little tractors, I had an X310 with the K58 transaxle, so similar to an X380 only with a bit less power and smaller deck, but with PS and power lift. I now have an X500 (previous version of X570) which has the heavier K72 transmission with 54" deck. Easy to spend your money but given the uses you describe I think I'd go with the X570 to get the heavier trans and dif lock if nothing else.

/ JD X380 vs X570 new purchase? #3  
I have a Deere riding mower and i also have a Husqvarna 354XD with the 54" deck . I'm sorry to say the Deere is a hunk of junk and has been back to the dealer 3 times before 60 hours and finding parts is not easy. It's not the X380 it's a lower version the 180E . The Deere cuts just fine when it's running correctly. The Husqvarna is twice the machine when you compare them side by side . I prefer the Kawasaki Motor also and the transmission is much better. It was more money but not as much as an equivalent Deere Model . It doesn't hurt to cross shop .

/ JD X380 vs X570 new purchase? #4  
Lots of trees? Consider a X5- 4 wheel steer model.

/ JD X380 vs X570 new purchase? #7  
Lots of trees? Consider a X5- 4 wheel steer model.

I got sick of Z turns getting stuck. So about 4 years ago I bought an X394 4 wheel steer. A move I'm still happy with.
No, it can't spin on a dime like a Z turn. But it's very maneuverable and much less prone to getting stuck in wet lawns.

/ JD X380 vs X570 new purchase? #8  
I was in a similar situation in 2020 in that I was considering the X-394 AWS and the X-584 AWS.

I decided on the X-584 because of the higher rated transmission and the larger tires. I'm glad I went with the larger tires since my lawn is bumpy and the larger tires are slightly better riding.

I too would recommend AWS if you have a lot of trees to mow around. After having it, I will not own another lawn tractor that does not have it. Only down side is you can't put a tiller on them.

Also, consider power steering and hydraulic lift. My previous tractor (Deere 325 garden tractor) did not have power steering but did have hydraulic lift. Both are real nice to have in my view.

Considering your uses, the X5 series I think will make a better tractor for you.

/ JD X380 vs X570 new purchase? #9  
X570 if you can afford it.I purchased a JD X740 diesel with the 7 Iron 60 inch deck back in 2011 not one complaint yet.

Attachments

• Ford Truck 181.jpg
    Ford Truck 181.jpg
    293.3 KB · Views: 253