JDLA115 44 inch snow caster

/ JDLA115 44 inch snow caster #1  

leonz

Tractor
JD LA115, WH 244, Troy Built Horse 8 HP
Well, after some work its fixed again. I found the Gates A116 series one V belts
for the driven belt via an Amazon automotive partner and the 2 belts came in two days from Indianapolis.
The belts with shipping were $42 and change and arrived in excellent condition.

The guide V pulley was bad and the bearing in the guide pulley was also bad. The JD dealer in Cortland
had one in stock and it was the last one in the bin. I purchased over the phone on Saturday and picked
it up on Sunday.

The new V belt was installed and the new pulley was installed today.
I had a test run the snow blower for five minutes with no snow and the new V belt tracked properly.

SO I thought I would try in some wet heavy snow I entered the snow pack very slowly and the open cross auger
simply pushed the snow forward into a huge pile and the snow was not conveyed into the impeller very well.

Since I cannot afford a self propelled Yamaha 1032 track drive snow caster YET I have decided to do the following;
Rather than remove the cross augers to do the work I will leave them in place when I cut V's into all the auger flights
to make them more efficient when entering snow pack by slicing and breaking up the snow even more than it can
or does now which will increase its efficiency.

I will also install the 2 pneumatic casters that I have for it after modifying the cross augers.

The last work I plan on doing is installing several pieces of slick sheet material to the snow casters cross auger housing
rear panel and the Impeller housing and bolting them in place to hold them.

Lots of work but I cannot afford to invest in a new 4 wheel drive mule with a hard cab yet.