JIF Peanut Butter Recall,, Have You Tried To DECIFER The Lot Numbers??

/ JIF Peanut Butter Recall,, Have You Tried To DECIFER The Lot Numbers?? #1  

CADplans

Elite Member
Tractor
584 IH 4WD
OK, we keep some JIF peanut butter sort of as food storage,, so, I know when the jars were purchased.

The info published gives the barcode number, then a lot number.
There are many images on line showing the lot number being the number directly below the "USED BY" date.

The problems I have are;
1) the lot codes recalled are a 7 digit number,, Lot code numbers between 1274425 - 2140425
2) the lot codes printed on the jars are a 13 digit number
3) the recall notice states that the recalled jars were sold AFTER 01/2022,,
4) my jars were purchased in 2021,, WELL before January of 2022.

So, If I have a 13 digit lot number, and the first 7 digits fall between the lot code numbers given,, are the jars recalled,, or not?

I have about 8 jars, all fall in-between the two lot code numbers, all were purchased before 11/21.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm,, what do you think?? I hate to return the jars unnecessarily ,,

/ JIF Peanut Butter Recall,, Have You Tried To DECIFER The Lot Numbers?? #2  
I don't recommend my approach to solving this. Our Jif PB jar lot number was outside (before) the recalled lot numbers, so I told my wife it should be safe and asked her to taste test it for us to make sure. After I picked myself up off the floor, I threw away the jar and reached in the freezer for an ice pack.o_O

/ JIF Peanut Butter Recall,, Have You Tried To DECIFER The Lot Numbers?? #3  
Apparently the first 4 digits (1274-2140) are the lot numbers and the last 3 digits (425) are the plant that manufactured them. If you have any lot numbers within that range I suggest you toss them.

/ JIF Peanut Butter Recall,, Have You Tried To DECIFER The Lot Numbers??
Apparently the first 4 digits (1274-2140) are the lot numbers and the last 3 digits (425) are the plant that manufactured them. If you have any lot numbers within that range I suggest you toss them.

Yea, I just checked,, I have 10 jars,, about $50 worth of peanut butter,, it is ALL going back to Sam's Club..
$50 is just too much $$$ to toss,, for me,,

/ JIF Peanut Butter Recall,, Have You Tried To DECIFER The Lot Numbers?? #5  
I had 1-40 oz jar. The number under the bar code matched one on the list. Wife took it back to store and they gave her a credit on her shopping order that day even though the recall said to just throw it out with no mention of taking it back to the store. The store had already removed all Jif from the shelves.

/ JIF Peanut Butter Recall,, Have You Tried To DECIFER The Lot Numbers?? #6  
We usually buy the 40oz 2-pack and sure enough, ours were on the recall list. We had already eaten all but one tablespoon. Out of an abundance of caution, we pitched it! Getting weary of recalls.

/ JIF Peanut Butter Recall,, Have You Tried To DECIFER The Lot Numbers?? #7  
What ever dosen't kill you, will only make you stronger.

/ JIF Peanut Butter Recall,, Have You Tried To DECIFER The Lot Numbers??
Out of an abundance of caution, we pitched it! Getting weary of recalls.

Since we live near Lynchburg VA, we hear news from that town.
There was a guy that made, and sold peanut butter from Lynchburg,,

He ended up shipping some with salmonella,, AND THEY PROSECUTED HIM,, AND PUT HIM IN JAIL!!

He was selling containers like 5 gallon size, for institutional use,, not little jars,,

Somebody from JIF should go to jail,, this is no different than the Lynchburg guy,,,

(The Lynchburg salmonella came from a leaking roof,, IIRC,,)

I found the article,,28 years in jail,, for salmonella peanut butter,,

/ JIF Peanut Butter Recall,, Have You Tried To DECIFER The Lot Numbers?? #9  
Go with the DATE that the recall refers to.

What is the recall about ? The product, the lid, the container ???

Eat the Peanut Butter, you'll be fine

/ JIF Peanut Butter Recall,, Have You Tried To DECIFER The Lot Numbers?? #10  
I don't recommend my approach to solving this. Our Jif PB jar lot number was outside (before) the recalled lot numbers, so I told my wife it should be safe and asked her to taste test it for us to make sure. After I picked myself up off the floor, I threw away the jar and reached in the freezer for an ice pack.o_O
Ha - careful there Kirk, you may be recalled if you do that again. Ha And your lot number may look like this - GONE4POOLGUY