John Blue G-1000

/ John Blue G-1000 #1  

BrokeFarmerJohn

Veteran Member
Tractor
2017 Mahindra 5555, John Blue G-1000, Massey Ferguson 98, John Deere GP
Thought I would share my latest lesser known classic. 1975-76 Blue G-1000. Here is some info on them.

This is one of my new favorites in my collection, super fun to drive and maybe this year I’ll put in a garden.

3 forward and 1 reverse speed with high and low range so 6 forward and 2 reverse gears. Powered by a International Cub engine. Engine has enough torque if you pop in 2nd gear too fast it will lift the front wheels a bit, done that a few times already lol.

https://www.hemmings.com/blog/article/1975-76-john-blue-g-1000/

The Little-Known Blue Tractor

IMG_5257.JPGIMG_5258.JPGIMG_5274.JPGIMG_5276.JPG

/ John Blue G-1000 #2  
I'v seen a couple of those over the years. Neat little tractors. With the up and coming organic growers for market gardening, and CSA's, surprised they aren't all gobbled up by now. I know the A-C G's are pretty popular with those growers, tooling up with the multiple Planet Jr. planters, etc.

/ John Blue G-1000
I'v seen a couple of those over the years. Neat little tractors. With the up and coming organic growers for market gardening, and CSA's, surprised they aren't all gobbled up by now. I know the A-C G's are pretty popular with those growers, tooling up with the multiple Planet Jr. planters, etc.

The auction I bought this G-1000 at had two restored AC G’s also. I planned on buying another tractor like the G to resell but the G’s brought $3500, $1200 more each than the more powerful, rarer G-1000’s. That was about all the G’s are worth in my local market.

But I don’t have plans on commercially running this G-1000, might do a garden big enough for it. It will definitely make it to a lot of shows lol.

Last edited: