John Deere 350B dozer track roller question

eddie48

Gold Member
Tractor
Farmall H, TC40DA, New Idea spreader, Dolmar and Echo saws, Ford 3550 backhoe, lots of junk
I recently got a 350B which seems to be in excellent shape. Starts, Runs and everything works. Undercarriage seems tight and all is well. However, I would like to be sure that the rollers on the track are properly lubed. The book talks about the button grease fittings but when I tried to grease it, I found that, on one side of the machine all of the roller bearings seem to have been replaced with sealed bearings. Just a smooth surface with no place for a grease fitting. On the other side there there are nuts with what looks like a half of a button fitting in the center. The half buttons are tightened with an allen wrench. If I remove this fitting, I find that it is not a fitting at all, but a plug. Taking it out of the end of the roller, I find that it seems to have 90 wt gear lube on it, not grease.
Am I missing something? Do I add gear lube to it? How and how much? Should I replace the plugs with grease fittings and grease?

Sawyer Rob

Tractor
several brands
Generally, they have 90W in them, and you run them until they need service. (read leak)

No leaks, then leave them alone...

SR

OP
E

eddie48

Gold Member
Tractor
Farmall H, TC40DA, New Idea spreader, Dolmar and Echo saws, Ford 3550 backhoe, lots of junk
Thanks. I'll do just that.

Ed

Sonny580

Platinum Member
Tractor
several kinds and sizes
90-w and they call them lifetime lube but I keep mine full to the level of the plug cause they are starting to leak!