John Deere 350B dozer track roller question

/ John Deere 350B dozer track roller question #1  

eddie48

Gold Member
Tractor
LS xr4145, TC40DA, New Idea spreader, Dolmar and Echo saws, Ford 3550 backhoe, lots of junk
I recently got a 350B which seems to be in excellent shape. Starts, Runs and everything works. Undercarriage seems tight and all is well. However, I would like to be sure that the rollers on the track are properly lubed. The book talks about the button grease fittings but when I tried to grease it, I found that, on one side of the machine all of the roller bearings seem to have been replaced with sealed bearings. Just a smooth surface with no place for a grease fitting. On the other side there there are nuts with what looks like a half of a button fitting in the center. The half buttons are tightened with an allen wrench. If I remove this fitting, I find that it is not a fitting at all, but a plug. Taking it out of the end of the roller, I find that it seems to have 90 wt gear lube on it, not grease.
Am I missing something? Do I add gear lube to it? How and how much? Should I replace the plugs with grease fittings and grease?

/ John Deere 350B dozer track roller question #2  
Generally, they have 90W in them, and you run them until they need service. (read leak)

No leaks, then leave them alone...

SR

/ John Deere 350B dozer track roller question
Thanks. I'll do just that.

Ed

/ John Deere 350B dozer track roller question #4  
90-w and they call them lifetime lube but I keep mine full to the level of the plug cause they are starting to leak!