John Deere 415 PTO mystery

/ John Deere 415 PTO mystery #1  

kiwiman

Tractor
JD 415
Hello all I have a problem on my hands I cant seem to find any answers for so hopefully someone here can shed light on.
I have recently got a John Deere 415 which basically seems to be a baby 455 in that it has an 18hp diesel yanmar but is the 425 frame size.

The mystery bit is the transaxle (which appears to be the same as the 455 I have minus the diff lock, from what I have read this means it is a tuff torq K91) it has a rear PTO but the catch is it is a 1 inch 15 spline output. I thought no big deal I will simply get a 15 to 6 spline adapter and will connect my tiller up and all will be well but when I came to search for one I couldn't find anything but what I came across was a forum where someone else wanted something similar but was advised that if it was 15 spline then it was most likely 1750 or 2000 rpm so it wouldn't work anyway.

It seems very unlikely that it would be 2000 RPM being the rear as I don't think i have ever seen an implement that wasn't 540 input. That said I have read the 415 was an export only model so its a possibility it was destined for a market that uses 2000 and here in New Zealand we got a batch of them.

So my questions are
Is my transaxle simply a k91 minus diff lock
if not is the model number stamped on them somewhere?
Did tuff torq make a transaxle with a 2000 RPM rear PTO? (and furthermore if so why on earth for)
Does anyone know of a 15 to 6 spline adapter available

/ John Deere 415 PTO mystery #2  
540 was made common in North American, 750 and 1000 rpm equipment are common in European and Asia on compact and some mid size equipment. Lots euro brands of tillers and flails, etc run at higher rpm.

15 spline seems like it matches JD's front PTO spline count if I recall on the 300 and 400 series. 21 spline is fairly normal on Kubota and Mitsubishi tractors.

If so, I recently bought a shaft from tractor supply to make a new quick hitch adapter for the front of a 318 to a 400 series peice of equipment. Not sure if they have an adapter, will try to find my order receipt.

/ John Deere 415 PTO mystery #3  
I was wrong it was Surplus Center: 1" 15T x 6" Partial Splined Shaft G & G Mfg 106A1615 | Splined Shafting | Shafting | Power Transmission | www.surpluscenter.com

I do not see a adapter, you might have to make something or make a custom yoke on your shaft to convert if you can not find one.
Screenshot_20210915-073824_Samsung%20Internet.jpg

/ John Deere 415 PTO mystery #4  
I was an engineer on the 400 series Deere tractors back in the early '90's... completely forgot about the 415! It was an attempt to offer Europe a cost reduced 400 series that also met their demand for collection. It was pretty low volume (400/yr?) so cutting costs from its bigger brother (455) was difficult at best. It had the smaller diesel and a cost reduced K90 variant that did indeed have a 2000 rpm rear PTO output. From memory, the PTO was non-selectable and operated when the mid-pto (mower) operated. Why? Weidenmann rear collection systems were all the rage in Europe at the time and this tractor was designed to be Weidenmann ready. The 2000 rpm pto ran the fan in the collection system.... yes, the machine proved to be way underpowered. Hope this helps!

jd415 with weidenmann.jpg

/ John Deere 415 PTO mystery #5  
   / John Deere 415 PTO mystery #6  
Well the 300 and 400 parts are getting stupidly pricey, not to mention the tractors. Recently saw a 425 and 455 (with loader mind you), go for almost 10k.

Lots of listings for 320 and 318 with just a deck asking for 6k.

So putting your own stuff together is kind of needed unless you have cash on fire!