John Deere 4200 Tractor for Parts 4300 4400

Item Details
Make
John Deere
Item status
  1. Sold

I have a John Deere Tractor that I am selling whole as a parts machine.
Parts from this tractor will fit 4200 4300 4400 4500 4510 and others I am told.
This tractor is a 2000 John Deere 4200 tractor serial # LV4200H321983 4 wheel drive with Hydro Transmission and loader control valve with joystick

• Yanmar 3TNE78A motor Runs Great. I have a video of it running.
    The muffler is included and all of the fuel lines have been capped off.
    I might keep the starter and alternator. 3,839hrs roughly
  • It has a Hydro Transmission that works well ...New Hydro oil cooler
  • The rims are rusty cause they loaded salt but the tractor was maintained fairly well. Tires are not loaded I am told Fromt tires have decent tread on them. Back tires are useable.
  • The Hydraulic steering is intact and functional. Steer cylinder shaft bent but operational and not leaking.
  • The rear end is also in great shape.
  • The front differential works fine. The right front knuckle is cracked and off of the machine. A quick look makes me think it could be repaired. Parts are in a box.
  • The radiator and cooling system is full, sealed and fully functional
  • The 3 spool valve and loader joystick is intact and fully functional(I operated the loader before disassembly)
  • The hydraulic pump, starter and alternator are also included. (Special short Starter)
  • All 4 tires are holding air and the fronts actually have nice tread. The rims are rusty.
  • The 4wd is functional except for the R/F broken knuckle
  • Parts for the 3 point hitch. No top link
  • I might keep the wiring harness.
  • The chassis is still assembled

The bad...The linkeage rod that goes through the rear housing for the range selector broke and the tractor is stuck in high range. Tractor is in high range currently. I think I have a way to fix it.
And the right front steering kuckle is broken

I drove the tractor for about an hour or so working all of the hydraulics, brakes and mechanicals. It last ran roughly february 1st 2021. I have a video of it running. All systems were functional at that time.
There are some more miscellaneous parts included but if I didnt mention it I do not have it.
I want to sell it all together but depending on what you want and what you offer for it I might break it up.
$3,500 as is and as stated.
Pickup in Columbus Ohio I think I can get it up onto your trailer​

Attachments

• 4200 -1.jpg
    4200 -1.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 167
  • 4200 -2.jpg
    4200 -2.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 145
  • 4200 -3.jpg
    4200 -3.jpg
    842.7 KB · Views: 110
  • 4200 -4.jpg
    4200 -4.jpg
    998 KB · Views: 128
  • 4200 -4a.jpg
    4200 -4a.jpg
    895.9 KB · Views: 134
  • 4200 -5.jpg
    4200 -5.jpg
    931.7 KB · Views: 117
  • 4200 -6.jpg
    4200 -6.jpg
    791.2 KB · Views: 124
   / John Deere 4200 Tractor for Parts 4300 4400 #2  
Did you end up selling this? I am needing some parts off the spool valve if it fits a JD 4310.

/ John Deere 4200 Tractor for Parts 4300 4400
I still have the tractor and I believe the parts will fit a 4310.
Let me know exactly what you need parts number wise and we will go from there.

/ John Deere 4200 Tractor for Parts 4300 4400 #4  
Re: fit - I found one mention that the LVA10901 spool valve SCV 3 fits 4210 - 4710 but I did not write down the source of that info. My tractor is a 2003 JD 4310 with a 430 loader. The heads of the three plugs on top of the spool valve have corroded significantly over time. One of them developed a pin hole leak and an attempt was made to repair it by a welder. Unfortunately, it lasted only a short time before the leak was back. The valve works fine and thus, I am just needing the plugs in reality. The JD parts diagram shows the spool valve as item #31 and they list a number of parts associated with it that one can purchase; however, the plugs are not numbered and my local JD dealer says HQ does not sell them. They claim my only option from JD is to replace the entire valve. I also have the option to go to one of multiple hydraulic shops near me and ask them if they can source something that will work as a plug replacement. In searching the internet, I found your post and wondered if it might be an option to source something through you.

Well i really do not want to part out a good working 3 spool valve.
There are a number of tractor salvage yards online that might be able to help
Regards gary

/ John Deere 4200 Tractor for Parts 4300 4400 #6  
Thanks for your quick response Gary. I can understand that. I was thinking it might be possible only because no one bought the whole lot since December. The 4200 spool valve carries a different part number than the spool valve for the 4310 but it might still fit. What were you thinking you would sell the whole valve for if JD confirms it is essentially the same as the 4310?

I have not found any tractor salvage yards that have 4310, or similar tractor, parts. Would you mind giving me the names of some?

Fastline.com
tractorhouse.com
All States ag parts

/ John Deere 4200 Tractor for Parts 4300 4400 #8  
Thank you. I have never had any luck with tractorhouse but I will try again. Just by chance I was told about All states when I ran across Yesterday's tractor earlier today - both were a "no" for these parts. I'll look into Fastline.

/ John Deere 4200 Tractor for Parts 4300 4400 #9  

I have a John Deere Tractor that I am selling whole as a parts machine.​

Parts from this tractor will fit 4200 4300 4400 4500 4510 and others I am told.​

This tractor is a 2000 John Deere 4200 tractor serial # LV4200H321983 4 wheel drive with Hydro Transmission and loader control valve with joystick​

• Yanmar 3TNE78A motor Runs Great. I have a video of it running.
    The muffler is included and all of the fuel lines have been capped off.
    I might keep the starter and alternator. 3,839hrs roughly
  • It has a Hydro Transmission that works well ...New Hydro oil cooler
  • The rims are rusty cause they loaded salt but the tractor was maintained fairly well. Tires are not loaded I am told Fromt tires have decent tread on them. Back tires are useable.
  • The Hydraulic steering is intact and functional. Steer cylinder shaft bent but operational and not leaking.
  • The rear end is also in great shape.
  • The front differential works fine. The right front knuckle is cracked and off of the machine. A quick look makes me think it could be repaired. Parts are in a box.
  • The radiator and cooling system is full, sealed and fully functional
  • The 3 spool valve and loader joystick is intact and fully functional(I operated the loader before disassembly)
  • The hydraulic pump, starter and alternator are also included. (Special short Starter)
  • All 4 tires are holding air and the fronts actually have nice tread. The rims are rusty.
  • The 4wd is functional except for the R/F broken knuckle
  • Parts for the 3 point hitch. No top link
  • I might keep the wiring harness.
  • The chassis is still assembled

The bad...The linkeage rod that goes through the rear housing for the range selector broke and the tractor is stuck in high range. Tractor is in high range currently. I think I have a way to fix it.​

And the right front steering kuckle is broken​

I drove the tractor for about an hour or so working all of the hydraulics, brakes and mechanicals. It last ran roughly february 1st 2021. I have a video of it running. All systems were functional at that time.​

There are some more miscellaneous parts included but if I didnt mention it I do not have it.​

I want to sell it all together but depending on what you want and what you offer for it I might break it up.​

$3,500 as is and as stated.​

Pickup in Columbus Ohio I think I can get it up onto your trailer​

Not trying to resurrect an old post just wondering if you sold this yet?

I still have the tractor for parts.
thanks gary