John Deere 820 3 cylinder lift won't go all the way down

/ John Deere 820 3 cylinder lift won't go all the way down #1  

Zoom45

Tractor
John Deere 820 3 cylinder
I was coming over a ditch and when I lifted the box blade the left rear lift arm bar threads stripped out of the bottom piece and let the box blade drop on that side. I let it down and put a chain around the bottom bar to the rock shaft connection so it would lift the box blade up so I could get it to the shop. Now the lift will not let it all the way down so I can't disconnect the box blade. It will pick it up all the way but only lets it down about half way.
Any ideas on what to look for?
Thanks

Last edited:
   / John Deere 820 3 cylinder lift won't go all the way down
I was coming over a ditch and when I lifted the box blade the left rear lift arm bar threads stripped out of the bottom piece and let the box blade drop on that side. I let it down and put a chain around the bottom bar to the rock shaft connection so it would lift the box blade up so I could get it to the shop. Now the lift will not let it all the way down so I can't disconnect the box blade. It will pick it up all the way but only lets it down about half way.
Any ideas on what to look for?
Thanks
I think I had it in a bind with the chain on it. I had to cut the chain then it would let it come all the way down. The threads on the lower adjustable leveling arm are worn out and let the upper rod come out. I may can weld a new nut onto the lower leveling arm to fix it or just get a new arm.

/ John Deere 820 3 cylinder lift won't go all the way down #3  
Welcome to TBN
From your second post, sounds like you have the problem solved.
Toss a few pics at us, so we can see the problem and the fix.

How long have you had the JD 820?

/ John Deere 820 3 cylinder lift won't go all the way down
Its my father-in-laws tractor. He has had it for several years. I wound up welding the rod to the bottom part so I can use it until I get another adjustable bar. I couldn't find a nut with the correct thread to weld on it. Its a 7/8 threaded rod but the only two nuts I could find (at Tractor Supply) wouldn't screw on it. I think they were 12 threads per inch and 9 threads per inch.

/ John Deere 820 3 cylinder lift won't go all the way down #5  
It might be an ACME thread. Can you post thread/inch count? Most common is 6 for 7/8"