John Deere D105 Broken Bypass Rod on transaxle

/ John Deere D105 Broken Bypass Rod on transaxle #1  

yamabrew

Tractor
Deutz 4006
Hi,

While replacing the belts on the JD D104 Auto I found that the bypass rod was broken on the transaxle. The plastic base for the shifter on the transmission is broken off. Can anyone suggest the best fix? Is there a way to put the trans in drive instead of free wheeling with the bypass rod? Currently, the mower can be rolled.
Thanks,
Scott

/ John Deere D105 Broken Bypass Rod on transaxle #2  
:welcome: to TBN
Can you post a pic of the broken part?

By chance, is it showing in this schematic of the D105 tranny?

Attachments

• 105D.jpg
    105D.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 598
   / John Deere D105 Broken Bypass Rod on transaxle
Hi beenthere...got lost in time. The schematic shows the part. It is in the left side middle of the diagram. It is the piece left of the spring part listed as #5. It is the shifter for the bypass rod. Sorry for getting back to this project so late. Thanks for your help!

Hi beenthere, I am back. Do you need a picture of the broken piece or is the description listed in my previous post enough info? Thanks!

/ John Deere D105 Broken Bypass Rod on transaxle #5  
From two years ago, did you replace the broken part?

Only suggested a pic to try to get you more help or advice. Assume you are making do either with a new part or bypass around the broken part.

Sadly, had to let her sit since then. Just getting her back ready to run/test drive. Curious about your thoughts if it will work without the base of the bypass rod on the top of the transmission. Do you think it will work? The part broken is a molded piece of plastic from the plastic transaxle. I don't think there is a way to fix it. The transmission is not repairable. Any thoughts?

/ John Deere D105 Broken Bypass Rod on transaxle #7  
Sorry, no thoughts without more detail and a pic.
Can't promise any even then, but maybe someone else can help you.

/ John Deere D105 Broken Bypass Rod on transaxle #8  
Hi beenthere...got lost in time. The schematic shows the part. It is in the left side middle of the diagram. It is the piece left of the spring part listed as #5. It is the shifter for the bypass rod. Sorry for getting back to this project so late. Thanks for your help!

Accuracy is vital when looking for parts information.
I can't find a D104 model as per your original post.
However, I notice Beenthere has located a D105 which you confirm shows the part next to the spring #5 in the diagram.
So the part adjacent to #5 is included in the rectangular box #4 which is listed as:

4 - Brake Kit​

Part Number
MIA12474

Therefore, order Part #MIA12474 from your JD dealer.(It appears to be about US$100 approx.)

Use the item in the box that you need and put the spring etc on the shelf for spares.
Remove the mower deck.
You may need to remove the transmission completely from the chassis to effect the replacement repair.
If you're not confident doing this your dealer will manage it for you, I'm sure.