Joined the 20th Century today!

/ Joined the 20th Century today! #1  

Henro

Tractor
Kubota B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini EX
A couple years ago when I installed a motion detector light at the driveway parking area, my younger girl's boy friend said "Welcome to the 90s..." /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Today I cut off the septic line and tied the house into the line I installed last fall, that feeds the new public sewer.

Not sure why I should feel happy about it. The tap in fee was $3,000 and there is another fee to come yet.

Still...for some reason it kind of feels good...the kind of feeling only septic tank/field owners/users can appreciate I suppose... /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Guess I just feel like telling someone who might understand... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Joined the 20th Century today! #2  
$3000 to hook up to the sewer and I'm willing to bet the water in the toilet still spins the same direction!

/ Joined the 20th Century today!
Yep, Bob, I bet you are right on that one!

But I also know for sure that now once that water goes down, we will NEVER see it again. In our case, I don't think we did anyway, but who can say for sure if damp spots are springs or something else? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Embarassed my wife for a minute when she came out of the bathroom and I told her "that's not private anymore, it's public now...we're tied to the public sewer..." /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Joined the 20th Century today! #4  
henro: you can dig a small hole in those wet spots and do a taste test to see if it is spring water or not /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif :p

Mark M /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Joined the 20th Century today! #5  
Public septic systems mean that you are no longer considered "RURAL"!!!! ... /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Joined the 20th Century today! #6  
Wow, I've admired the various pix of your homestead and figgered you were a thousand miles from conveniences. You seem very happy with the situation and I hate to cast a negative tone ... but a "connection" to any urban infrastructure would promt me to move further into the hills.
But, as the old joke goes, I hope everything comes out ok /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif
BTW, I sure like your little animated gif beer cheers thingys /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Joined the 20th Century today! #7  
err....Henro, isn't it the 21'st century ? or are you as behind as I am /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Ben

/ Joined the 20th Century today! #8  
Hey Ben!

Good catch! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I was wondering if anyone else noticed that! You just beat me to the punch. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ Joined the 20th Century today! #9  
I still pretty much live in the 20th century though /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Ben

/ Joined the 20th Century today! #10  
I caught it, I just assumed he was implying that he was SOOOO far behind the times that he is just catching up to being SOMEWHAT behind the times. Afterall, he didn't say he also got city water. So if I understand it, he still has a private well to get the water, but now Henro is flushing what he uses into a communal pipe.