JonCutter G3800 Crank Bearing Failure

/ JonCutter G3800 Crank Bearing Failure #1  

arto98607

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota F3060, Grasshopper 721D, Ford 1310, John Deere 440 ICD, John Deere 300
I have been using my JonCutter G3800 quite a bit lately for bucking hybrid poplar trees and the saw has performed very well, but today to my surprise I noticed the crankshaft bearings having excessive axial & radial play in them!

My estimate is about 2 mm axial play, which is way too much - otherwise the saw was still running well, but I decided not to use it until I figure out my options.
It's disappointing since the saw has perhaps 12 - 15 tankfuls of operation.

Oh well, this was supposed to be a spare small chainsaw so it's back to bucking poplars with my trusty 25 year old 16" Shindaiwa 360 which is about the same size saw (36 cc).

It looks like getting JonCutter spare parts like gaskets, oil seals and bearings may not be so easy to find for G3800 - any suggestions on where to find parts online?

PS. I am also checking out Zenoah, Ryobi and Redmax G3800 part availability since they both seem to be the same basic design saw. Not going to spend too much time repairing this......

Photo.jpg

/ JonCutter G3800 Crank Bearing Failure #2  
Bearings in it still used today. About 6-7 bucks.

/ JonCutter G3800 Crank Bearing Failure
Bearings in it still used today. About 6-7 bucks.

Probably a common small bearings, if I only had the bearing number?

Anyone here who has the bearing & seal numbers?

I was easily able to find mfg. spare part numbers for these, but not much luck so far finding anyone selling them.

I wish they had them, but no crank seals or bearings on their website that I could find!

/ JonCutter G3800 Crank Bearing Failure #6  
Numbers out there on the 3800 IPL

Numbers out there on the 3800 IPL

Yes the manufacturer's part numbers were easy to find for crank bearings and seals, but so far I have not found very good availability by using those numbers.

What I am asking is if anyone here would have the actual bearing & seal model numbers that can be used to find generic ones?

/ JonCutter G3800 Crank Bearing Failure #8  
Just take a set of calipers and measure the width, the diameter and the bore of the bearing and cross it on the net. You can probably do the same with the seal.

/ JonCutter G3800 Crank Bearing Failure #9  
When you ask the otherday I found the bearings on ebay using the superseded oem number.

Took me less then 5 mins to look up and find. But I didnt save any info after seeing how easy it was.

Thank you for the suggestions!

Like I mentioned earlier I will take this G3800 apart sometime during the winter once more important projects have been taken care of.
It may end up being a spare parts source since I have two other JonCutter G3800 saws - one brand new never used and another which has been ran maybe 3 - 4 tankfuls of fuel.