Just bought a 140. Can I be in your club?

/ Just bought a 140. Can I be in your club? #1  

GarlicOfEden

Tractor
Kioti Dk4210SE HC, International Farmall 140, Leyland 270, JD 430
I've really been enjoying my Kioti 4210 hst with cab. All warm and toasty pushing snow while sipping coffee in my jammies and slippers. Mowing down the buckwheat field for green manure making the bees real mad, but not even breaking a sweat in the cold AC. But I needed to be able to cultivate my fields by myself, so I need to see what I'm doing. So yesterday I bought 140. Instead of driving to Illinois to get one that looked like it was parade ready, I bought one from a vegetable farmer not too far down the road, who has 6 140s total, 4 set for different crops and 2 parted. He showed all that had been done to the one he's selling. There was something to this somewhat rusty but well running offset, so I bought. Then I got it home and drove it around the farm, and it hit me. Love! I don't know how to describe it, but, unconditional!

Now that have her. Yes I've named a tractor, "Penny Jane." I got to get her set up for precision cultivation for next season and I'm gonna need some advice and help from you long time owners and experts. Hoping you'll let me into your club.

/ Just bought a 140. Can I be in your club? #2  
IIf you're a FaceBook fan, there are a few IH 140 pages there to join. Other IH pages that include the 40, and 60 series tractors combined. Almost instantanious replies when you post questions. Pictures are always a big plus.

I have one myself, and hope to get it up * going here in the next few weeks. Been doing minor repairs, with a few new bearings, seals, brakes etc. In the process of getting a rim sandblasted, so as topaint, and get new rear tires & tubes mounted. It was originally a 6V system,and someone cobbed up a 12V system on it. Hacked the wiring, so starting over, and going back to the original 6V system. Starter & Genny rebuilt locally, he also can get USA made voltage regulators that actually last. I've bought 4 off of him over the years. 2 are going on 10 years old, and still work great.

This one didn't have Fast Hitch, but I did find a complete one in Michigan, for a much better price than the one's in the South. He had more than several single prong FH implements for sale too, so picked up a FH plow.

I grew up with a Farmall A, and was the first full sized tractor I drove. I'm also in love with the Culti-Vision tractors. Our A didn't have hydraulics,and Dad always wanted a Super A, 130, or 140. Traded the old A off for a 240 Utility. It was like losing an old friend. Took me 40 years, but finally found a nice little 140 in my price range, that needed a little TLC. Going through the mechanicals first, I'll worry about making it pretty later. Although, I've come to appreciate patina. Gives them a little character, LOL...

/ Just bought a 140. Can I be in your club? #3  
Welcome to TBN, garlic.

/ Just bought a 140. Can I be in your club? #4  
I've really been enjoying my Kioti 4210 hst with cab. All warm and toasty pushing snow while sipping coffee in my jammies and slippers. Mowing down the buckwheat field for green manure making the bees real mad, but not even breaking a sweat in the cold AC. But I needed to be able to cultivate my fields by myself, so I need to see what I'm doing. So yesterday I bought 140. Instead of driving to Illinois to get one that looked like it was parade ready, I bought one from a vegetable farmer not too far down the road, who has 6 140s total, 4 set for different crops and 2 parted. He showed all that had been done to the one he's selling. There was something to this somewhat rusty but well running offset, so I bought. Then I got it home and drove it around the farm, and it hit me. Love! I don't know how to describe it, but, unconditional!

Now that have her. Yes I've named a tractor, "Penny Jane." I got to get her set up for precision cultivation for next season and I'm gonna need some advice and help from you long time owners and experts. Hoping you'll let me into your club.
My Cubs name is Maizey