Just curious - hydraulically adjustable pallet forks?

/ Just curious - hydraulically adjustable pallet forks? #1  

ning

Elite Member
Tractor
Branson 3520h
I'm curious if anyone has modified pallet forks to use the "3rd function" to make the fork width adjustable?
This is pure curiosity as I don't find manual adjustment too bad (raise forks up a bit, tilt down to about 45°, shove them around).
I did a brief search but likely failed to use the right keywords if there's already a post on this...

/ Just curious - hydraulically adjustable pallet forks? #2  
It's likely juice that's not worth the squeeze on smaller machines. It's not just a hydro cylinder, you also have a mechanism to move both forks evenly, then more often than not the rail we traditionally use wont work so that's more expense/weight. Maybe primarily cost, but I'm sure it's a lot of extra weight as well.

/ Just curious - hydraulically adjustable pallet forks? #3  
Not overly complicated, my buddy has a set for his Kubota M4-71 and likes them, I moved them around with my smaller Kubota L3240 and they were fine but I lost a little capacity because they sit out further and weigh a little more then my standard forks.

No linkage and they stay in sync according to my friend.
793492569.jpg
752914927.jpg

Sent from my SM-G715U1 using TractorByNet mobile app

/ Just curious - hydraulically adjustable pallet forks? #4  
Worked at a company where my job was driving the forklift. We did not have any type of hydraulic forks. About 95% of the work didn't require any adjustments.

/ Just curious - hydraulically adjustable pallet forks? #5  

Like these? Yes they work well.

/ Just curious - hydraulically adjustable pallet forks? #6  

Like these? Yes they work well.

Those look pretty cool. They'd be even cooler if they were a little lighter.

/ Just curious - hydraulically adjustable pallet forks? #7  
If you're converting an existing fork set, you'll need to remove the locks or weld-up the notches in the top bar. Good idea though. I may look into that for mine. (y)

/ Just curious - hydraulically adjustable pallet forks? #8  
Worked at a company where my job was driving the forklift. We did not have any type of hydraulic forks. About 95% of the work didn't require any adjustments.
If all you did was move pallets around, I could see that happening. I use mine all the time for various lifting work. None of it is on pallets. ;)

/ Just curious - hydraulically adjustable pallet forks? #9  
We were up for a couple new forklifts at the power plant and I said please get the hydraulically adjustable forks option. They did and things were so much easier. On the older ones if you kept the rails that the forks rest on slathered in grease it was usually easy to slide them for adjustment. The problem is then the grease attracts dirt and you have to do it again soon.