Just Don't Do The Wrong Thing

/ Just Don't Do The Wrong Thing #1  

Professor Marvel

Platinum Member
Tractor
Ford 5000, Kubota 2150 HST, NH TC45 D, JD 375 Baby Skid Steer --- STUFF THAT GOES ON EM, Schwinn Stingray
Hey, life is not that complicated. I look at people doing absolutely the wrong things in life and do not get it. I do not always do the perfect right thing in life. However, in any situation there is a spectrum/array of ways to handle a situation. If there are say 10 stages from right to wrong, it is always clear at which point it is wrong. A simple concept that I live by is simply DO NOT DO THE WRONG THING. You need not always make the best/perfect decision but as long as you are not making your decision on the WRONG side of the line I am pretty sure you will have few regrets as you look back.
Just my way of looking at things.

/ Just Don't Do The Wrong Thing #2  
I Agee but what happens when the right decision effects you negatively. Just look at D.C.

/ Just Don't Do The Wrong Thing #3  
The great thing about us is we are human, so something that we will THINK shall affect us positively and ends up affecting us negatively can be looked back upon to be thought as the wrong thing even though you thought it was right. Point being there are a lot of people flat out do the wrong thing, but most do the wrong thing thinking its the right thing.

/ Just Don't Do The Wrong Thing #4  
morality, religion, situational ethics, fight/flight, reality/perception, culture, values, practices, laws.....been trying to figure this one out for a while. :thumbsup:

/ Just Don't Do The Wrong Thing #5  
With a tough decision ahead of me I always ask, would my mother be proud of me?

/ Just Don't Do The Wrong Thing #6  
P M:
I agree so many people just cant seem to make a halfway correct decision and the younger ones seem to be much worse than the average back when I was there age. i usually err on side of caution in most cases. (investing though I tend to be a bit more aggressive.)

My GFs daughter is a prime example. 24 and married to an IDIOT the two of them have no "enthusiasm" for life or to better themselves. They work part time fast food 25 30 hrs a week tops and dont want to get a car (only just got his drivers license at 24) We had a talk with her today as well she dont want to go to school/college she dont want to manage at the fast food... They both sleep 12hrs or more a day and think they are really going places. (IDIOTS) and so many kids there age are exactly the same way. Both of her (my GFs) kids left our house because I wouldnt let them sleep all day and made them do chores and such..

Mark

/ Just Don't Do The Wrong Thing #7  
well, bigtiller, I fear that numerous terrorists mothers are proud of them.
Just saying that a true compass on this topic is hard to find:D

/ Just Don't Do The Wrong Thing #8  
Well, the fact that one person sees 10 degrees of right to wrong, another may see 360 degrees, for right and wrong are often not at opposite ends of the line but side by side in a circle.;)

/ Just Don't Do The Wrong Thing #10  
Well, the fact that one person sees 10 degrees of right to wrong, another may see 360 degrees, for right and wrong are often not at opposite ends of the line but side by side in a circle.;)

Dang, Randy...better lay off the eggnog...for sure don't be messing with the table saw till you're able to focus! :laughing: