Just got a Yanmar GT14

/ Just got a Yanmar GT14 #1  

artfull dodger

Gold Member
Tractor
John Deere 420 garden tractor
Just put a hold on a GT14 that was for sale near where I live. Price was right, runs excellent, has the front PTO clutch with the tractor and a hyd lift rear sleeve hitch that looks professionaly made. No mower deck but I plan to figure out either a rear deck or a mid mount mower deck. It does need a few things, seat cushion is gone but pan is good, no side panels on the hood and the front headlight lense has a chunk busted out of it. Good is it just had the water pump rebuild, never overheated, runs excellent with 1699 hours, no blow by out the breather tube, starts instantly in summer weather, ag tires on the rear in good shape, front turfs are almost bald, so some good used turfs are needed. Getting lots of emails on my Simplicity 7112 Landlord, has 16hp in it instead of the 12. As soon as its sold I can go pickup the GT14. I know its not the tractor a small YM series would be, but plenty for us and in our budget. Cheers Mike and Michele T

/ Just got a Yanmar GT14 #2  
Congrats on the tractor.....little bit of work...you'll have a great machine....good luck.....have fun:thumbsup:

/ Just got a Yanmar GT14
Thank you Jerry, I just got home from picking up the tractor. Delivered my old garden tractor to the new owner and then shot across to pick up the GT14. No problems on the trip at all. Was nice and cool this morning, had to finaly put the AC on when I got close to home, up to 90'f with high humidity. I am now shopping for new front tires for the GT14, the turfs on it are bald. Probably going to get ribbed style instead of turf since it will see mostly chore and garden work. I am hunting the following parts for it, side panels that go on each side of the hood/engine area, good headlight lense, rear PTO set up, Rear 3pt hitch and a belly mower deck(I have the front PTO already). Hopefully I will find the items over time. I plan to restore the tractor and take her to shows as well as work her here at home. I dont see many of these GT14s, I suspect they didnt make very many and for very long. Cheers Mike

/ Just got a Yanmar GT14
Here are some pics of the tractor and its rear hitch set up. It looks like it might have some of the OEM 3pt brackets there and I wonder if thats the OEM 3pt lift cylinder. Mike

/ Just got a Yanmar GT14 #6  
boy would i love the hydraulics on mine, but the euro versions are mechanically operated not hydro! poor thing needs other things fixed first before i worry about hydraulics :(

/ Just got a Yanmar GT14 #7  
It must be something about that lens cover, mine has crack right in the middle. Mine is an 89 model that I picked up for $650. Complete down to the decals. It's a 48 inch seriously heavy duty deck on these things. What I like about the deck is that you can tighten the height adjuster to lock deck in raised pos when using 3rd point. Bad point is 3rd point is cat 0, hard to find tools to fit. PTO kits are avalible. Good luck and post pics of restore.